December 13, 201114 yr I was in New Orleans two years ago watching the UK WVU game while on vacation with my wife. That night after the game I tossed and turned, couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable....just kept thinking about the game. Drove home the next morning and again that day and night no sleep tossing turning unable to sleep. After 3 days of this I went to the Doctor....well it wasn't the game...I was having congestive heart failure. Funny thing is I kept ignoring my health because I actually thought the game had just made me sick. I hate it when the Cats lose I hate it...but it doesn't effect me beyond the moment. Even though I once thought it was going to kill me...:lol:
December 13, 201114 yr I've always wondered about spikes in domestic violence after UK losses, especially the season-ending ones. Had similar questions about such spikes in the Volunteer State following UT football losses while I was living there.
December 13, 201114 yr I am with you, mcpapa. I may be disappointed by a loss, and it will be a topic of conversation around the water cooler so to speak. As far as affecting my life or the relationships I have with those I share it with; no. Come on, it is a game and in the big picture, is meaningless. Agreed. I was out with my bride for a nice dinner Saturday so I missed the 2nd half. Found out they lost. Poured another glass of wine and went on with my evening. When I saw the highlights of how it ended I actually thought it was a pretty cool and exciting ending even though UK lost. When I was younger I did let it bother me for a few minutes especially during the game but even then I got over it pretty quickly.
December 13, 201114 yr Regular season losses used to quite a bit. I guess growing up and the Billy Clyde Era have softened my stance. I was mad for about ten minutes after the loss. Now, the last loss in the NCAA tournament is generally pretty upsetting and will put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. But, short of some serious taunting it's not going to cause any problems among friends or someone I might happen to be dating.
December 13, 201114 yr BTW I'm not judging anyone who lets it affect them. We all have different things that we're most passionate about. FKW , for example, cried during the Harry Potter series. I ain't judging.
December 13, 201114 yr I always wondered what's the difference in newspaper sales on Sunday after a big win vs a big loss. Were a significant number of more Hearld Leaders sold after the UNC game than after the IU game?
December 13, 201114 yr I've always wondered about spikes in domestic violence after UK losses, especially the season-ending ones. Had similar questions about such spikes in the Volunteer State following UT football losses while I was living there.Don't know how you could track this with any certainty but I don't think it would be very much of a spike after games and losses in either state. JMO
December 13, 201114 yr Don't know how you could track this with any certainty but I don't think it would be very much of a spike after games and losses in either state. JMO Just another JS shot at UK.
December 13, 201114 yr They don't bother me much. They did as a kid but nothing major. I dread them more know because I know it's going to be a 24-48 hour cycle of blaming the refs, coaches, ESPN, Dick Vitale, Duke, etc.
December 13, 201114 yr I changed clothes from UK stuff to anything non-UK and then start drinking heavily.
December 13, 201114 yr I was in New Orleans two years ago watching the UK WVU game while on vacation with my wife. That night after the game I tossed and turned, couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable....just kept thinking about the game. Drove home the next morning and again that day and night no sleep tossing turning unable to sleep. After 3 days of this I went to the Doctor....well it wasn't the game...I was having congestive heart failure. Funny thing is I kept ignoring my health because I actually thought the game had just made me sick. I hate it when the Cats lose I hate it...but it doesn't effect me beyond the moment. Even though I once thought it was going to kill me...:lol: Wow! :scared: Glad you're okay! As Jim eluded (:lol:) to earlier, the season-ending games are the hardest. The only other times I get bothered is when we're playing a team I hate/hated. When the Cats played UC in the tourney in 2005, that was brutal to watch because I hated UC at the time. Same is true any time we play Carolina or UL. Perhaps Duke, even though it's been a while since we played them. As a kid, the hardest loss was actually not the Laettner game, but the year after when we lost to the Fab Five in the Final Four. I was a freshman in high school & was really down about that one. Mashburn was my favorite all-time UK player & I felt (and still feel) that we were the best team in the country that year. I had also picked UK to win the national championship that year--one of only two year's I've done so (1996 was the other)--so I ended up losing in some bracket pools. What helped me in recent years was that I expected us to lose in the final two years of Tubby & both years of Billy Clyde. Cal has since revived the program, so it's different again; but I've done much better this year. Hated losing to IU, but at the same time I appreciated the game as a college basketball fan.
December 13, 201114 yr I changed clothes from UK stuff to anything non-UK I'm actually just the opposite. I make sure to put on a UK shirt after a loss.
December 13, 201114 yr Depends on the type of loss. Normally I get upset when they are as good as they are this year. I was viciously mad throughout the game Saturday but after they lost I took it pretty good. I've watched the final play dozens of times and it doesn't bother me that much. I think I understand Kentucky wasn't going to go undefeated this year and they needed to lose a game in the grand scheme of things. Now I did snap on one of my best friends after the game but he instigated it. He is a Dukie so we always give each other a hard time and I'm talking as soon as the shot goes in I get a text that just simply reads, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......That was all it took to set me off, my response is definitely not suitable for BGP's. :lol: Now when March rolls around and they lose, different story. I may break something if they are not cutting down the nets.
December 13, 201114 yr I feel like I replay the game in my head quite a few times. The "what ifs" and then I look at the schedule and see how long until I get to watch my Cats again.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.