Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does a Kentucky loss affect you?

Featured Replies

The key is to date girls who are big UK fans...that way they are just as upset as you and don't want to talk about it either!

 

They've all claimed to be UK fans, but I think they're all just lower level fans. If the only way they know UK is playing thatt day is by seeing something about it on facebook I don't consider them to be nearly as big a fan as I would like.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did Laettner's shot do to you all?

 

I'll be honest.

 

I was 10. I ran outside, and started shooting basketball while I was crying like crazy. I went out there trying to get my mind off of it, but I just couldn't. I eventually tossed my basketball over the fence and went in because I got so cold.

 

Anymore, losses don't really bother me. Sure this one was a tough loss, but life shall go on. There will always be a next year.

^ '83, right? UK went to the Final Four in '84.

 

The '83 game was 80-68 in OT. Jim Master hit a shot from the baseline to put it in OT. It's my earliest memory of UK basketball. I was 5-years-old. For whatever reason, I've always remembered the final score, that it went in overtime & Master hitting the shot to send it in OT.

 

Correct. 83.

What did Laettner's shot do to you all?

 

I only saw the shot by Woods that sent it to OT and then the remaining part of the game. I was stunned but it was such an exciting finish that I don't remember being upset.

I simply can't get upset with a team that I've invested very little into, besides purchasing tickets, shirts, hats...etc.

I think with the Laettner shot it was more about being stunned and asking if that really just happened. I don't think the anger set in until a few days later when people began arguing that Laettner should have been tossed for his stomp, no one guarding the in-bounds throw, and UK playing leper defense.

I turn the channel or turn off the TV, get up and go about my day. A loss maybe bothers me for 30-40 seconds, then I'm over it.

 

Never used to be that way. I guess I've grown up. :idunno: :lol:

 

I feel the same way. Almost makes me sad if it weren't a much healthier way of dealing with it.

Someone will have to explain to me how someone who never attended UK, no one in their family attended UK, they live 80 miles away from Lexington can be so ate up with UK.

^So in order for someone to be a fan of a school you either have to live in the city, be an alum or have a family member that's an alum? That makes absolutely no sense.

^So in order for someone to be a fan of a school you either have to live in the city, be an alum or have a family member that's an alum? That makes absolutely no sense.

 

Sounds like I'll have to resubmit my applications to Bengals University and College of the Reds.

Sounds like I'll have to resubmit my applications to Bengals University and College of the Reds.

 

I wish I didn't live close to the Reds and Bengals. :lol:

I can make the same claim that plenty of others on here and all around do. No one is a bigger U.K. basketball fan than I am (I'll just not argue and say that we all are that make that claim). I would be a liar if I said that I am not affected any by a loss, any loss. depending on the game determines how long untill Mrs. Rambler knows to say much.:lol:. yes, I have lost sleep over some losses and been in a bad mood for days after some.

Tournament games, conference games, rival games....U.L., U.T, Fla., I.U. along with big games like UNC,Duke, Mich State, etc can really get to me, especially if it was a close game that U.K. coulod/should have easily won. I don't think tha is too much different than any serious Wildcat basketball fan anywhere. We all grew up wiith it and live,love UK badketball. I guess that is why they call us the Big Blue Nation and the Wildcats " The Commonwealth's Team".

GO BIG BLUE !!!

Someone will have to explain to me how someone who never attended UK, no one in their family attended UK, they live 80 miles away from Lexington can be so ate up with UK.
:confused::lol:Reading this I can certainly tell that you don't know anything about U.K. Basketball and it's fans or you wouldn't have made that statement.

Simply said, if you have to ask then you don't and will never understand.

Someone will have to explain to me how someone who never attended UK, no one in their family attended UK, they live 80 miles away from Lexington can be so ate up with UK.
What? How can someone be an avid fan of a team unless they are in close proximity to it? Really?

If it's an NCAA Tournament game or a game against UNC/Louisville, I am usually pretty mad for an hour or two. Other than that, the pain wears off in about 15 minutes. I just don't get that mad about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.