Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does a Kentucky loss affect you?

Featured Replies

Does it keep you from sleeping, can't eat, puts you in a bad mood the rest of the day, or does it not bother you at all?

 

I know plenty of people that say them losing has no affect on them but they're just in denial because they either can't sleep or are in a bad mood the rest of the day.

 

After Saturday's loss, and I literally mean as soon as the shot went in I turned off the tv, threw the remote, started cursing out loud, didn't watch ESPN all weekend, didn't listen to any radio station while we were on our way to a Christmas party, refused to talk to anyone about the game (still haven't discussed it with anyone, and it's been pretty difficult but I just change the subject), and just now is the first time I have checked out this forum since the game, plus I haven't looked at KSR either (still debating whether that's good or bad).

 

So what are some things that you do after a Kentucky loss, whether it be a tough loss to a good team or getting upset by a scrub. I take all losses the same just about but this Saturday really threw me overboard.

 

 

What's the worst you've acted after a Kentucky loss? I actually threw a pillow at my wife because she predicted that would happen and started laughing when it did..:ohbrother:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends of the type of loss for me. Nobody bleeds blue deeper than me but some losses I know are for the better. While I know Saturday will only help in the long run with this great team, I still took it hard because of how it happened. I was listening at work and as soon as the shot went in, I instantly took my lunch break to just get away. I actually enjoy reading and listening to what Cal and the team has to say after a loss. When Ole Miss hit the shot to beat us last year, I threw a shoe on the ground so hard it bounced up and hit my roommate who was 7 feet away.

Some how I manage to get in a fight with any girl that I'm dating during/following a UK loss. I'm pretty sure I might be single again after their most recent loss.

Does it keep you from sleeping, can't eat, puts you in a bad mood the rest of the day, or does it not bother you at all?

 

I know plenty of people that say them losing has no affect on them but they're just in denial because they either can't sleep or are in a bad mood the rest of the day.

 

After Saturday's loss, and I literally mean as soon as the shot went in I turned off the tv, threw the remote, started cursing out loud, didn't watch ESPN all weekend, didn't listen to any radio station while we were on our way to a Christmas party, refused to talk to anyone about the game (still haven't discussed it with anyone, and it's been pretty difficult but I just change the subject), and just now is the first time I have checked out this forum since the game, plus I haven't looked at KSR either (still debating whether that's good or bad).

 

So what are some things that you do after a Kentucky loss, whether it be a tough loss to a good team or getting upset by a scrub. I take all losses the same just about but this Saturday really threw me overboard.

 

 

What's the worst you've acted after a Kentucky loss? I actually threw a pillow at my wife because she predicted that would happen and started laughing when it did..:ohbrother:

 

Usually after a loss it ruins the rest of my day. Basically just not in a good mood the rest of the day, and honestly need to go hand out with friends and do something to get my mind off it...However even though this past game sucked that they lost at the buzzer, it didn't really bother me that much at all. It sucked for five minutes then I was fine, I think it's because I think it is a good thing for this team. I know this team will be there in the end, so no reason to get upset about this loss.

 

I think another reason why it didn't bother me as much is because I am still in football mode with the Bengals. I took the Bengals loss yesterday much harder, and ruined my rest of the day. Still sucks thinking about it, because of how important that game was. This UK game really meant nothing.

Not at all.

 

Takes something much more important than the result of some young men wearing short pants not throwing a ball through a hoop as often as some other young men doing the same.

Does it keep you from sleeping, can't eat, puts you in a bad mood the rest of the day, or does it not bother you at all?

 

I know plenty of people that say them losing has no affect on them but they're just in denial because they either can't sleep or are in a bad mood the rest of the day.

 

After Saturday's loss, and I literally mean as soon as the shot went in I turned off the tv, threw the remote, started cursing out loud, didn't watch ESPN all weekend, didn't listen to any radio station while we were on our way to a Christmas party, refused to talk to anyone about the game (still haven't discussed it with anyone, and it's been pretty difficult but I just change the subject), and just now is the first time I have checked out this forum since the game, plus I haven't looked at KSR either (still debating whether that's good or bad).

 

So what are some things that you do after a Kentucky loss, whether it be a tough loss to a good team or getting upset by a scrub. I take all losses the same just about but this Saturday really threw me overboard.

 

 

What's the worst you've acted after a Kentucky loss? I actually threw a pillow at my wife because she predicted that would happen and started laughing when it did..:ohbrother:

 

 

Have you tried to get help?

Not at all.

 

Takes something much more important than the result of some young men wearing short pants not throwing a ball through a hoop as often as some other young men doing the same.

I am with you, mcpapa. I may be disappointed by a loss, and it will be a topic of conversation around the water cooler so to speak. As far as affecting my life or the relationships I have with those I share it with; no.

 

Come on, it is a game and in the big picture, is meaningless.

My wife and I broke up once when we were still just dating after a Seahawks OT loss in 2005 or so. She called at the wrong time. :lol:

 

But as far as a UK game, I don't recall getting really upset. The Michigan State game with the Sparks shot hurt, but I moved on. With this last one Saturday, I was watching the game and then the 3 went in. I said "Crap" or something along those lines, and then called my wife at her parents' and asked her if she wanted to go to a movie. I was over it pretty quickly.

I'm generally mad for about 30 minutes. I get up, walk out of the room, shoot some basketball on my Mini Hoop XL, and don't say a word to anyone. I avoid watching ESPN for at least a couple of days.

 

I try to avoid talking about the game because no matter when or how UK loses, I know we're the better team and should have won. :D

 

I'll argue it 'til the death of me.

I turn the channel or turn off the TV, get up and go about my day. A loss maybe bothers me for 30-40 seconds, then I'm over it.

 

Never used to be that way. I guess I've grown up. :idunno: :lol:

Some how I manage to get in a fight with any girl that I'm dating during/following a UK loss. I'm pretty sure I might be single again after their most recent loss.

 

Is that why you were single during the Gillespie dark years? haha!

When I was really young I would cry.

 

I would by lying if I said it does not stick in my mind for the day, but it does not alter my life in any way.

I got a real sick feeling in my stomach when Watford hit that three. Thankfully I was at a friends Christmas party and we had a lot of festivities. I wouldn't say it ruins my day by any means, but I really do hate it.

 

The way I look at it, if the worse I ever feel these days is after a UK loss (or my fantasy football team loses) then I'm doing pretty good in life :thumb:

I read an article a couple years ago that production in business slips, crime increases, sick days increase when the home team is having a bad year. It affects the entire city in a negative manner.

One game will not put the city of Lexington on suicide watch, but it was an interesting read.

I'm a pretty big fan, and I think it is more cooler talk when they lose. I've seen them in 2 final fours and would like nothing better to see them cut down the nets, but it is just a game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.