Movies That Gave You Nightmares As A Kid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:sssh:No movies scared me....My dad loved and still loves all kinds of nightmarish movies, so, I got used to them early in life....However, The Hostess Twinkie Man used to scare the crap out of me:lol::lol:You all remember the commercials? Some of you might be too young.....I would imagine him in my bedroom...in fact, I would not sleep in my room for a little over a year....I was on the floor in my parents room! I don't know what it was about him and his lasso that got to me, it just did!:lol:

I really can't remember a particular movie giving me nightmares but I guess if I had to self diagnose I would have to say it was the Terminator. I constantly for several years had a dream about a guy that was always after me(not sure why) and would kill neighbors, friends, family, pretty much any one to get to me. Those dreams were always pretty darn intense and even lasted into my early adult years.

Jaws, Anaconda and Deep Blue Sea.

I watched them way too young. Until recently I wouldn't even get in a swimming pool by myself (I'm a few weeks from being 20.). Over the summer I wouldn't go into Williamstown Lake without someone near by. I have lived on the west coast for over a year and still have yet to enter the pacific. I just always thought something, somehow would get me. However, I overcame my fear when I went to NC and went into the ocean. Of course others were around. I have a greater chance of survival with others around.

In my younger years "The Blob" was a nightmare movie for me. The garage mechanic being eating by the the Blob while still working under the car was pretty chilling.

In my college years "The Exorcist" was the scariest for me. Later the Poltergiest was another one that would make you check under the bed before going to sleep.