November 14, 201114 yr Author I'd take neither, but if I had to pick one, I'd take the one who was going to manage the game better. The one who has shown he isn't going to put my defense in a bad spot, and isn't going to turn the ball over. I'd go Tebow every single time. Beautiful. "Managing the game" is code for 12 points of offense.
November 14, 201114 yr Author So essentially, you're saying the NFL needs more horrendous quarterbacks who help their team win despite being so horrendous? Funny man! The NFL needs more players who have the character of Tim T.
November 14, 201114 yr Funny man! The NFL needs more players who have the character of Tim T. Seriously, how boring would that be?
November 14, 201114 yr ^So you're going to judge Tebow on how they did against one team, and dismiss everyone else? Why are we not having this same thread about Cam Newton? He has 10x the surrounding talent that Tebow does, and all he does is lose. But I guess since he's putting up big stats, he gets a pass and those losses get pinned on the team, not Cam. When Tebow wins, it's the team that's winning in spite of him, but when they lose, it's his fault. Double-standard? Yes. Until Tebow is moved to his real position of tight end or fullback then yes I won't give him credit for being the qb when his team beats a 3-7 or 2-8 team. Especially when he got his butt handed to him by a 6-3 team. Your Cam argument holds no weight either. A blind man can see that in Carolina's losses Cam has had multiple turnovers which has cost Carolina the game. You hate Cam. I hate Tebow. Right now they both suck but Cam will prove to be the better qb in tue long run. I'd still take Cam over Dalton also.
November 14, 201114 yr ^So you're going to judge Tebow on how they did against one team, and dismiss everyone else? Why are we not having this same thread about Cam Newton? He has 10x the surrounding talent that Tebow does, and all he does is lose. But I guess since he's putting up big stats, he gets a pass and those losses get pinned on the team, not Cam. When Tebow wins, it's the team that's winning in spite of him, but when they lose, it's his fault. Double-standard? Carson is better than him also.
November 14, 201114 yr The only way one can say they're "winning WITH Tebow" is by adding "because they don't let him screw it up." Can you really plan on being a good team using that plan? Although his Oakland game was an exception. 2 TD's passes and over 100 yards rushing. He led the team to a win at Oakland where Orton couldn't do it at home. So he has shown flashes, just not many. He's not their answer, they just have no options right now.
November 14, 201114 yr Yes. Until Tebow is moved to his real position of tight end or fullback then yes I won't give him credit for being the qb when his team beats a 3-7 or 2-8 team. Especially when he got his butt handed to him by a 6-3 team. Your Cam argument holds no weight either. A blind man can see that in Carolina's losses Cam has had multiple turnovers which has cost Carolina the game. You hate Cam. I hate Tebow. Right now they both suck but Cam will prove to be the better qb in tue long run. I'd still take Cam over Dalton also. Tebow at FB or TE would be interesting with some offensive coordinators.
November 14, 201114 yr The new people in charge at Denver do not want Tebow....fact. John Fox/John Elway(my favorite QB of all time) is hoping Tebow will fail so they can ditch him at the end of this year. Denver is awful.....and Tebow will be a winner somewhere playing some position.
November 14, 201114 yr Denver is terrible and they have won since Tebow has been QB. That's the bottom line. It's not all him just like it won't be all him when they loose yet the media can't wait for that to happen. Like it or not defenses have to prepare for him. His legs more than his arm. They also have to play assignment football because of his ability to run the option. You can't use the extra guy in the box to stop a rb or 2bl a WR if they had 1 because he's so strong running the ball. He can also keep plays alive like Ben so that offsets a lot of his mechanics. Look at Tenn. I'm not a Vince Young fan. Fact is he won games as a starter and Chris Johnson was a better RB because you had to assign somebody to QB and the would run things like zone read. I know C2K held out but there is now another guy in the box on him too. I've coached safeties. Its tougher preparing for a QB that can run than anything IMO.
November 14, 201114 yr ^So you're going to judge Tebow on how they did against one team, and dismiss everyone else? Why are we not having this same thread about Cam Newton? He has 10x the surrounding talent that Tebow does, and all he does is lose. But I guess since he's putting up big stats, he gets a pass and those losses get pinned on the team, not Cam. When Tebow wins, it's the team that's winning in spite of him, but when they lose, it's his fault. Double-standard? Cam probably had more yards passing in his first one or two NFL games then Tebow has in his entire career to date. I'm not ripping Tebow and saying he won't ever do anything and I'm not taking the side that he is the man and a "winner". BUT, how most of you guys are overlooking the fact that he has his wins against some horrible teams and yesterday only completed 2 passes!!!! is beyond me. You want to say, look hes awesome he wins and what does Orton do. But you do not want to admit that its not like its been Timmy all by himself winning these games. I watched almost the last quarter of yesterday's game and yesterday I don't think the Chiefs could have looked any worst, I mean they were really putrid to watch. Had Decker not had a safety beat by at least 5 yards Tebow would have probably only finished with one completion and around 18 yards for the game. Thankfully for the Bronco's and Tebow lover's everywhere Decker was able to get about 5-10 yards of seperation and even Tim Tebow couldn't mess that up. I mean face it guys he was one hopping balls into his receivers chests on 5-10 yard out routes yesterday. Tim Tebow the quarterback still has light years to go although his team may just need Tim Tebow the football player and leader in order to be inspired enough to get some wins.
November 14, 201114 yr The new people in charge at Denver do not want Tebow....fact. John Fox/John Elway(my favorite QB of all time) is hoping Tebow will fail so they can ditch him at the end of this year. Denver is awful.....and Tebow will be a winner somewhere playing some position. This has to be eating at Elway and Fox. He plays poorly yet they still win. I do find the intense scrutiny, to be just that, intense. A guy that is 4-3 in his career gets dissected more than any other player in the NFL.
November 14, 201114 yr Do I think Tim Tebow is a solid NFL caliber Quarterback? No. At least not yet. (And I want him to succeed more than any other player in the NFL not named Randall Cobb) Do I think Denver's schedule during the time he's taken over at QB can provide some explanation for winning 3 of the last 4? Yes. Absolutely yes. Do I think Fox dramatically shifted his offensive strategy because of Tim Tebow's passing limitations or deficiencies? Of course he did. Those are things I think--opinions that I have and strongly believe them to be true. But here's what I know: Denver is winning. There are numerous factors we can point to in an attempt to explain their turnaround--Tebow's presence, weakness of schedule, altering the offense, defense stepping up some, Tebow not turning the ball over as Orton did, etc. All of you have done an excellent job at defending your arguments. There are people on both sides of this conversation that make good points and I agree with them. And we can continue this debate, because it's fun and entertaining. But what I know is Denver is winning. And if I'm a fan of the Denver Broncos, that's all I really care about. The weeks to come will reveal more about this team and their Quarterback. But for now, they're winning.
November 15, 201114 yr The Economist weighs in on Tebow. http://www.economist.com/blogs/gametheory/2011/11/religion-sports?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/corssestobear
November 15, 201114 yr Cam probably had more yards passing in his first one or two NFL games then Tebow has in his entire career to date. I'm not ripping Tebow and saying he won't ever do anything and I'm not taking the side that he is the man and a "winner". BUT, how most of you guys are overlooking the fact that he has his wins against some horrible teams and yesterday only completed 2 passes!!!! is beyond me. You want to say, look hes awesome he wins and what does Orton do. But you do not want to admit that its not like its been Timmy all by himself winning these games. I watched almost the last quarter of yesterday's game and yesterday I don't think the Chiefs could have looked any worst, I mean they were really putrid to watch. Had Decker not had a safety beat by at least 5 yards Tebow would have probably only finished with one completion and around 18 yards for the game. Thankfully for the Bronco's and Tebow lover's everywhere Decker was able to get about 5-10 yards of seperation and even Tim Tebow couldn't mess that up. I mean face it guys he was one hopping balls into his receivers chests on 5-10 yard out routes yesterday. Tim Tebow the quarterback still has light years to go although his team may just need Tim Tebow the football player and leader in order to be inspired enough to get some wins. I overlook it some because he is on a horrible team! Their most productive player has been a backup for years in Magahee. They traded his best WR to St Louis in Llyod. He won this week with a 3rd string RB and a WR trio that is about as bad as there is although Decker has played well this year. Den defense isn't world beaters either.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.