November 14, 201114 yr Cowherd: "How far can the Broncos go with this type of offense?" Dilfer: "I don't know, I didn't play in the '30's." hahaha
November 14, 201114 yr He is correct. Fox knows what he has which is a limited QB. He played to that. The only thing I'm discounting in regards to W/L is the amount of the award that goes to the QB. Think about it. Fox was down 2 backs and he STILL wouldn't let his starting QB throw the ball. What does that tell you? He was going to win with backup backs and, more importantly, his defense. Then why not just stay with Orton and hand it off 98% of the time?
November 14, 201114 yr ^Clyde, he's managing the game. If you've got a solid run game, which they apparantly do, and a decent defense, you play to your strengths. You tell your QB, don't turn it over, don't put the defense in a bad spot. Tebow is doing that. I'd be willing to bet almost anything, that if Orton were still the starter, they'd have went at best 1-3 in the last 4.
November 14, 201114 yr Not sure how Tebow winning games on an awful team backs you up but Ok. There aren't 5 teams with worse skill on offense in the NFL. Add to that Den defense is mediocre at best and it's pretty amazing anybody can win in Den. Nobody knows how Tebow will do. He has more people wanting him to succeed+to fail than any player in history. All he's done is won more than he's lost thus far. This year I expect him to loose more not necessarily because of him but because Den isn't talented!
November 14, 201114 yr Author Then why not just stay with Orton and hand it off 98% of the time? Fan pressure.
November 14, 201114 yr Author ^Clyde, he's managing the game. If you've got a solid run game, which they apparantly do, and a decent defense, you play to your strengths. You tell your QB, don't turn it over, don't put the defense in a bad spot. Tebow is doing that. I'd be willing to bet almost anything, that if Orton were still the starter, they'd have went at best 1-3 in the last 4. You cannot discount the teams played.
November 14, 201114 yr Author Cowherd: "How far can the Broncos go with this type of offense?" Dilfer: "I don't know, I didn't play in the '30's." hahaha He later said 8-8.
November 14, 201114 yr Author Would've like for Cowherd to say, "You won a Super Bowl." They have had that conversation before.
November 14, 201114 yr So no one besides Clyde wants to look at the schedule Tebow has had? How did this crappy Denver team and Tim "All I do is win" Tebow do against the best team Tebow has faced? Detroit. Anyone?
November 14, 201114 yr ^So you're going to judge Tebow on how they did against one team, and dismiss everyone else? Why are we not having this same thread about Cam Newton? He has 10x the surrounding talent that Tebow does, and all he does is lose. But I guess since he's putting up big stats, he gets a pass and those losses get pinned on the team, not Cam. When Tebow wins, it's the team that's winning in spite of him, but when they lose, it's his fault. Double-standard?
November 14, 201114 yr Author ^So you're going to judge Tebow on how they did against one team, and dismiss everyone else? Why are we not having this same thread about Cam Newton? He has 10x the surrounding talent that Tebow does, and all he does is lose. But I guess since he's putting up big stats, he gets a pass and those losses get pinned on the team, not Cam. When Tebow wins, it's the team that's winning in spite of him, but when they lose, it's his fault. Double-standard? Who would you take today to win a game against a good team? Team has a strong defense especially solid against the run. Cam or Tebow?
November 14, 201114 yr I'd take neither, but if I had to pick one, I'd take the one who was going to manage the game better. The one who has shown he isn't going to put my defense in a bad spot, and isn't going to turn the ball over. I'd go Tebow every single time.
November 14, 201114 yr Author ^So you're going to judge Tebow on how they did against one team, and dismiss everyone else? Why are we not having this same thread about Cam Newton? He has 10x the surrounding talent that Tebow does, and all he does is lose. But I guess since he's putting up big stats, he gets a pass and those losses get pinned on the team, not Cam. When Tebow wins, it's the team that's winning in spite of him, but when they lose, it's his fault. Double-standard? Again, Miami/Detroit/Oak/KC vs GB/ATL/NO/Tenn Which of those games does Denver win with Tim T?
November 14, 201114 yr First, if you look back at historical posts by me about Tebow you will see the tired defense of "you don't like him" is incorrect. I'm a big fan of his. The NFL needs more Tim Tebows. Secondly, (probably fifthly by now) my original post was not to condemn Tebow as a QB even though the thread has evolved into that. You're studying to be a CPA,right? CPAs need to be able to sift through piles of data and get to the true issue. Re-read my first post and you'll see what the point is. Once you've figured that out you will see that the Orton comparison is truly useless. So essentially, you're saying the NFL needs more horrendous quarterbacks who help their team win despite being so horrendous?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.