Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 62 Dixie Heights 27

Featured Replies

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the margin is higher than I would have guessed the fact that BW won is not. Their offense is simply too strong for Dixie's weak D.

Good job Beechwood thanks for helping SK out! :D

Good job Beechwood thanks for helping SK out! :D

 

How so?

Beechwood stats / highlights? Let's save the SK dialogue for another thread please.

Did I hear correctly that Pike had 6 picks?

Sad state of affairs on South Dixie Highway.

Congratulations to the Tigers on a huge win; sounds like a pretty big statement was made. I figured Beechwood was going to win this one, didn't think by a margin like this.

Did I hear correctly that Pike had 6 picks?

 

I don't remember 6, but he had at least 3. 2 returned for TD.

 

Another 2nd half face plant for Dixie. Becoming the norm...

How so?

 

Giving SK players some confidence that they can beat Dixie.

WOW, when I saw this score I thought it was a misprint.

I don't remember 6, but he had at least 3. 2 returned for TD.

 

Another 2nd half face plant for Dixie. Becoming the norm...

Not scoring after Beechwood's botched snap on the punt was the changing point in the game. Beechwood ripped off a ~90 yarder on the first play after that stop.

 

Dixie's defense was absolutely horrible. They cannot tackle, and they have no speed. All Beechwood had to do was hand the ball off and stand back and watch Vocke and Nussbaum do their thing. I'd be surprised if Beechwood had over 50 yards passing.

Offensively, they had no running game with Bruns and Justice out along with one if their linemen. Pike had a very bad game. His deep balls were way short, resulting in a couple picks, and he continued to force things, which resulted in more picks.

Did I hear correctly that Pike had 6 picks?

 

I don't think so. Lightner had two picks that he ran back for TD's. The first one was in the first half and was a big play in the game. It was a very nice return by Lightner breaking numerous tackles to fight his way into the end zone. The second pick by Lightner was in the 3rd quarter but the game was getting out of hand when he got that one. Brennan had a nice pick. Zeke was trying to make a big play as Dixie was down 42-19 at the time Brennan got his pick. Excellent one on one coverage by Brennan and then made the play on the ball to go up and get the pick from Hatton. Those are the three I remember off of Pike, with two of them coming as he was trying to make plays when Dixie was down several TD's. There was another pick by Nussbaum in the 3rd Q that he ran back for a TD but that was off of Hicks, the back up QB. I am not sure why Pike wasn't in on that series, although he might have been hurt on the previous offensive possession. He came up limping after a run on 3rd down that previous series.

 

Pike played pretty well IMO. This game would have been much uglier for Dixie without Pike at QB. He made some very nice throws. Connected on a couple long ones to Cohorn. Pike ran the ball well. He is strong as an ox and very tough to bring down. Like I said, this game would have been much worse without Pike doing his thing to keep the game close at halftime.

Not scoring after Beechwood's botched snap on the punt was the changing point in the game. Beechwood ripped off a ~90 yarder on the first play after that stop.

 

I said the same thing in the broadcast. Dixie had a chance to capture momentum and couldn't cash in. From there it was a blood bath. Beechwood turned Dixie mistakes into points. Dixie turned Beechwood mistakes into, well, nothing...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.