Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 62 Dixie Heights 27

Featured Replies

I guess that's why he finnished with almost 170 yards on about 8 cathes. It must have been Cohorn's Island then

 

He had two huge gains that I mentioned. One he flat beat Vocke. So about 40 yards on roughly 6 other catches by your estimation. One he went in motion and Vocke passed him off to Lightner before the snap. There were 3 or 4 quick 5 yard outs on 1st down. 2 big plays, and a lot of good defense by Vocke one on one the rest of the night. Care to refute???

  • Replies 83
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had two huge gains that I mentioned. One he flat beat Vocke. So about 40 yards on roughly 6 other catches by your estimation. One he went in motion and Vocke passed him off to Lightner before the snap. There were 3 or 4 quick 5 yard outs on 1st down. 2 big plays, and a lot of good defense by Vocke one on one the rest of the night. Care to refute???

 

Fair warning: I have found BGPers to be sensitive to any mention of a receiver not faring well.

Fair warning: I have found BGPers to be sensitive to any mention of a receiver not faring well.

 

Cohorn had a nice game. Saying he made Vocke look like a bad CB is inaccurate, however. At least outside of a swing and miss in press coverage. Cohorn even got the Randy Moss hand up in the middle of the route he beat him so bad...

How good would Towles be on Dixie's team? That is the question. Would they win 6A? Would they win championships? I know PT is a fine player and I am in NO way taking anything away from him, but you must admit that his surroundings are much better than ZP. Agreed? They are both fine QB's as evidenced by both making it to the Elite 11 finals.

 

Care to elaborate any further................Not sure what you mean by this.

Care to elaborate any further................Not sure what you mean by this.

 

Talent

I guess that's why he finnished with almost 170 yards on about 8 cathes. It must have been Cohorn's Island then

 

Two of those catches accounted for about 120 yards and how many touchdowns did he have? Vocke was playing man under so it was the safety that was getting burned. I noticed that they put Cohorn in the slot most of the time so a linebacker would have to cover him. How about the the other WR that Dixie has I think his name is Hatton. How many yards did he have? I think if I was a Dixie fan I wouldn't be on here running my mouth about anything !

what does that have to do with anything?

Yet I don't see him in the box score. I think that means Cohorn was contained.

 

Beechwood 7 21 28 6 - 62

Dixie Heights 7 12 0 8 - 27

 

D – Pike 3 run (Schmidt kick)

B – M. Nussbaum 2 run (J. Nussbaum kick)

B – Vocke 13 run (J. Nussbaum kick)

D – Moore fumble recovery in end zone (kick failed)

B – Vocke 1 run (J. Nussbaum kick)

B – Lightner 30 interception return (J. Nussbaum kick)

D – Pike 1 run (kick failed)

B – Vocke 92 run (J. Nussbaum)

B – M. Nussbaum 26 interception return (J. Nussbaum kick)

B – M. Nussbaum 93 run (J. Nussbaum kick)

B- Lightner 2 interception return (J. Nussbaum kick)

B – Thomas 21 run (Sletto kick)

D – Radenhausen 3 run (Courtney run)

So you're saying Vocke shut him Down? I give props to Vocke. He has alot of talent. In my opinion, Cohorn is alot better reciever than Vocke is at CB. Same when Vocke is on offense, he's hard to contain. I think Cohorn is hard to contain at his position also. Vocke's stats speak for themself, and so do Cohorn's. Their both close to the top in yardage at their offensive positions.

Cohorn had a nice game. Saying he made Vocke look like a bad CB is inaccurate, however. At least outside of a swing and miss in press coverage. Cohorn even got the Randy Moss hand up in the middle of the route he beat him so bad...

And as for you, I wasn't running my mouth. Beechwood beat Dixie. Be happy my friend, I'm sure Dixie has put that game behind and is concentrating on their next game. Cohorn had a good game. And so did Vocke and Nusbamm.

Two of those catches accounted for about 120 yards and how many touchdowns did he have? Vocke was playing man under so it was the safety that was getting burned. I noticed that they put Cohorn in the slot most of the time so a linebacker would have to cover him. How about the the other WR that Dixie has I think his name is Hatton. How many yards did he have? I think if I was a Dixie fan I wouldn't be on here running my mouth about anything !
what does that have to do with anything?

 

I believe you said he "burned" Vocke! To me that means he was able do a lot of damage which the box score doesn't indicate. If he did "burn" Vocke (or Beechwood defender) he wasn't able to take it to the house.

 

Cohorn made some great catches. I like the way he plays and I think most every team would love to have him.

How good would Towles be on Dixie's team? That is the question. Would they win 6A? Would they win championships? I know PT is a fine player and I am in NO way taking anything away from him, but you must admit that his surroundings are much better than ZP. Agreed? They are both fine QB's as evidenced by both making it to the Elite 11 finals.

 

Zeke Pike was an elite 11 qb Patrick Towels was not. I hit my DVR button and paused the show at the selection time and PT wasnt on the list. Put some players around Zeke and a line to block for him hes completely different. He was hit several times after throws with the 1.5 se he had to throw.

Zeke Pike was an elite 11 qb Patrick Towels was not. I hit my DVR button and paused the show at the selection time and PT wasnt on the list. Put some players around Zeke and a line to block for him hes completely different. He was hit several times after throws with the 1.5 se he had to throw.

 

why can't Dixie with over 700 boys find 7 that can block for him?

Zeke Pike was an elite 11 qb Patrick Towels was not. I hit my DVR button and paused the show at the selection time and PT wasnt on the list. Put some players around Zeke and a line to block for him hes completely different. He was hit several times after throws with the 1.5 se he had to throw.

 

Yes, Trent Dilfer's views were as you have stated. Back to the thread... Dixie is a walking infirmary with no end in sight. As for the Cohorn v. Vocke debate, both are quality players. Are either getting looks from colleges? I would suspect both could play @ TMC or a team of similar caliber.

Talent

 

Whose fault is that? I saw the HHS kids and the Dixie kids play when they were younger. At the younger age Dixie had as much if not more talent than HHS. Here is the issue. HHS develops their kids and Dixie does not..Why is that? Who's shoulders does that fall on?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.