Wrist watches - who still wears them and what do you wear?

CBDV

I have a nice Swiss Army "Wenger". Just have needed a battery for quite some time.

Try Swinford Jewelers on Dixie Highway (at the Commonwealth Ave intersection) in Erlanger. Great old school shop. Family run. They will do it for you in a flash and charge a reasonable price. I took my Wenger there for a battery and replacement band.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a watch. Can't live without it. I wear a cheapie. Timex for a long time . Now I have a Guess. I only buy a watch I can read. It's an age thing. Hubby has a great watch that I gave him but he never wears. It's a Baume & Mercer. Visited the store in Geneva Switzerland . Awesome watch. I mentioned to my oldest to go ahead and wear it because his father never did. I was kinda kidding when I said that knowing how much it cost. About fell over when he handed me the watch one day and said , "oh yea, maybe I should give this back". He'd been wearing it all summer. Heck, someone should be wearing it.:idunno:

I wear a watch. Can't live without it. I wear a cheapie. Timex for a long time . Now I have a Guess. I only buy a watch I can read. It's an age thing. Hubby has a great watch that I gave him but he never wears. It's a Baume & Mercer. Visited the store in Geneva Switzerland . Awesome watch. I mentioned to my oldest to go ahead and wear it because his father never did. I was kinda kidding when I said that knowing how much it cost. About fell over when he handed me the watch one day and said , "oh yea, maybe I should give this back". He'd been wearing it all summer. Heck, someone should be wearing it.:idunno:
Shoot, I'll wear it if it needs a home! :cool:

I have half a dozen cheapies - never was a watch connoisseur - a $30 watch isn't appreciably different from a $3,000 watch to me - but I rarely wear any of them. Cell phone doubles as a watch.
This is my thinking. I have a few Timex watches I wear sometimes and I have an old Seiko watch my wife bought me about 25 years ago before we were married. That is probably the nicest watch I have ever owned, it needs a new band though. The Timex watches are durable and functional and if one quits working you can just pitch it with no guilt and buy another one.

Since you mentioned cost, just out of curiosity, what does a Baume & Mercer watch cost direct from the Geneva showroom?

I use to wear one everyday. Drove me crazy without it. Now, after my carpal tunnel has gotten worse, I can't wear one. It took me forever to get use to not having one on. An old Timex and a Peugeot were my favorite ones.

I use to wear one everyday. Drove me crazy without it. Now, after my carpal tunnel has gotten worse, I can't wear one. It took me forever to get use to not having one on. An old Timex and a Peugeot were my favorite ones.

Have the surgery done to get it fixed. I lived with CTS in both hands for several years because I wanted to avoid surgery and finally and it done. It was so simple I really wish I would have had it done sooner.

Hey, I wear it occassionally so quit giving away the gift you gave me! It is an awesome watch. Thanks again for the watch Sweetie. :D

And if you are going to bust my chops for not wearing the watch more often: its Baume and Mercier!