What's with the uniforms?

scout

What is the world is going on with college football uniforms? Does everyone have some StarWars / Ghetto designer? Oregon, Va Tech, Miami, .... Now Georgia comes out that godawful design last night. That was terrible. Heck, even Army rolled out that silly all digital camo a couple of year ago.

It makes me appreciate Penn State and Alabama.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't lie; I was imagining how awesome those Oregon uniforms from last night would have looked outlined in Cardinal red instead of the green. I didn't think much of Georgia's (mostly because of the helmet).

A sportswriter doing a quick survey of his twitter feed last night made the determination that about 90 percent of the NCAA football fans he follwed absolutely hated the uniforms. At the same time, 90 percent of the NCAA players he followed absolutely loved them. Take away what you will from that.

What is the world is going on with college football uniforms? Does everyone have some StarWars / Ghetto designer? Oregon, Va Tech, Miami, .... Now Georgia comes out that godawful design last night. That was terrible. Heck, even Army rolled out that silly all digital camo a couple of year ago.

It makes me appreciate Penn State and Alabama.

:thumb::thumb: Thank you scout! I have been hating on all of these idiot Oregon wannabes for a long time. When UGA came out with those flaming red hazmat suits I wanted to :puke:!!

I wouldn't had believed that a program with that long and proud of a tradition would embarrass themselves like that. Va Tech came out in the butt ugly set of unis in last seasons opener. U.K. wasn't as extreme but they are leaning that way with their new p.j.'s. Of course, when you can't play you have to try and get noticed someway,lol. Hopefully this was a one game "halloween trick or treat costume" with UGA as well and they come out next week in their raditional unis.

This thread could be split right down an age line....if you're older than 35 (probably) you just don't get it and you don't get that you don't get it, which is the bad part.

I disagree with the older group "not getting it". As a matter of fact my opinion is the exact opposite of who is "not getting it" :lol:. I do respect your right to your opinion though. Only without immediately saying others are wrong and don't "get it". Maybe the younger crew haven't lived long enough to "get" what tradition is all about. :D. Just kidding on that last line, I do strongly disagree though. :thumb: