What's with the uniforms?

scout

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's so bad about change?? The fact that Oregon and other schools are doing these uniform variations are a pretty good recruiting tool for them.
What's so good about the hazmat clown suits. Those things really helped Oregon against LSU last night, in the NC game vs. Auburn and done trick to push UGA vs. Boise last night. Maybe they are recruiting for a style show instead of a football team. lol

"They didn't get people to watch because they got good. They got good because they got people to watch."

If you don't get it you dont get that you don't get it.

That's the stupidest thing I've seen or heard. Why is Alabama constantly good? It ain't the uniforms. If that's what's drawing them to Oregon, expect them to have a short run at success. Nike sure is sucking a lot of people in.

If you don't think uniforms and manufacturer affiliations don't have an impact on a kid and recruiting you're not paying attention. For the universities, I doubt they'd ever had a kid say they weren't going there because they don't like the colors/uniforms. However, there are quite a few that will go to a school because of the "gear". Which, is why you don't see any Reebok, Puma...etc. schools.

If you don't think uniforms and manufacturer affiliations don't have an impact on a kid and recruiting you're not paying attention. For the universities, I doubt they'd ever had a kid say they weren't going there because they don't like the colors/uniforms. However, there are quite a few that will go to a school because of the "gear". Which, is why you don't see any Reebok, Puma...etc. schools.

:clap: Exactly

Or you young guys don't get that you're just getting got....
:lol:

If kids need the flavor of the day uniforms as a recruiting tool I worry about the future of college football. Nothing personal.
Amen, A great football program doesn't need any "tools". They are the ones winning ear in and year out by actually playing good football and winning, not being poster children for Toys-r-Us. :D. What a concept!! Actually letting tradition, great/legendary coaches and lines of All Americans speak for the program. Dang!! Just think how good Bear Bryant, Ara Parsegian (spelling), Woody Hayes, Joe Paterno, Daryl Royal, John Robinson, Barry Switzer, Tom Osborne along with many others and all of their programs might have been if theywould have relied on gimmicks to get players....who knwew?? :lol: For all you real young guys...those were football coaches. :D

That's the stupidest thing I've seen or heard. Why is Alabama constantly good? It ain't the uniforms. If that's what's drawing them to Oregon, expect them to have a short run at success. Nike sure is sucking a lot of people in.
:thumb::thumb: Lining their pockets while the kids and schools can't see they are being used. That is not "getting it". Hello....its about the $$$, not the kids.