S. Florida 23 Notre Dame 20

cammando

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Bulls and its fans (especially one of their fans I know of) on a huge win in South Bend. I believe that Skip Holtz may be one of the most, if not the most underrated coaches in college football and that he is going to do some good things in Tampa. For all of the hype and talk about Notre Dame, a lot of things are needing cleaned up in Irish land with the talent that is there. Regardless, congratulations to South Florida.

Good win for the Bulls. I thought Skip was a little too conservative today in the play calling. 4th and goal from the 1 kicks a FG. Next series 4th and 1 around mid field and he goes for it? Confused why he didn't go for it when he was on the 1 yard line. His defense was playing well at that point and ND was confused.

Can't commit 3 turnovers inside the 10 yard line and expect to win. Good win for the Bulls. I think Kelly needs to stay with Tommy Rees. They moved the ball much better when he was under center.
Obviously they do. Rees operates the offense so much better. He played one half and nearly threw for 300 yards. Notre Dame dominated in every facet of the game except one. Turnovers. 5-0 including multiple costly ones inside the 10 yard line. You do not normally see a team double the yardage of another team and still lose. Even with the loss I still feel good about the Irish's season.

Can't commit 3 turnovers inside the 10 yard line and expect to win. Good win for the Bulls. I think Kelly needs to stay with Tommy Rees. They moved the ball much better when he was under center.

Can't disagree with you, Rees is definitely the better quarterback.

I didnt see much of the game but I have read lots of tweets talking about Kelly losing his mind a few times.

Blew up at Crist and a WR that dropped a pass. I imagine he was feeling some pressure before this game and it just doubled at a minimum.

Indeed at one time one of the announcers said something along the lines of "you don't have to be able to speak french to know the words that just came out of Coach Kelly's mouth." He was ticked, I would be shocked if today's game didn't take a couple years off of his life.