S. Florida 23 Notre Dame 20

cammando

I feel that the coverage made Brian Kelly look like a complete buffoon today.

The announcers did explain on several occasiona why he was so upset and that as a coach it is hard not to react to so many mental errors. However the camera's zooming in on him as he was blood red and looked like he could kill half the team in a rampage, and was cursing out his players.... well that didn't make him look too good.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the cameras caught was BK being BK...

Not justifying his actions, but that would definitely be a very hard part of coaching on a stage where the camera's are always on you. Keeping your temper in check and not saying out loud what your screaming on the inside; however for a few million a year I could probably imrpove personally in a lot of areas.

Not justifying his actions, but that would definitely be a very hard part of coaching on a stage where the camera's are always on you. Keeping your temper in check and not saying out loud what your screaming on the inside; however for a few million a year I could probably imrpove personally in a lot of areas.

I've seen him give the same treatment to a student manager for being 3 seconds late delivering water at practice. Just who he is...

I've seen him give the same treatment to a student manager for being 3 seconds late delivering water at practice. Just who he is...

Water guy didn't make a mess of himself did he? When Kelly get's like he was today he really does look like he could potentially kill a player, like crazy old man Bobby Knight anger.

What the cameras caught was BK being BK...
Ding Ding Ding......what has always struck me funny, is when coaches are truly laying the wood to kids, the reflection is the fact that the kids is being coached by said person....who is at fault really? It's like the chicken and the egg.

I might have been a tad bonkers, too, had I just watched a pick because my receiver didn't look for the ball and had it bounce off of his head.
I've also rarely seen a timing route be a drag across the middle.....meaning Rees should've never tossed that ball until he saw his eyes

Water guy didn't make a mess of himself did he? When Kelly get's like he was today he really does look like he could potentially kill a player, like crazy old man Bobby Knight anger.
Or kill himself.....which I hope he doesn't.....but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

So much for the BCS for Notre Dame. USF had got really lucky today IMO, they were really outplayed. I guess it goes to show that if you're going to win one facet of the game, you want it to be turnovers. Rees has got to be the man going forward I would imagine.

I agree. I said at half time, "If ND quits beating themselves, we're in trouble." However, I think the defense made their own luck on a few occasions. The fumble 6 on the opening drive set the tone for the rest of the game. BJ and the offense did just enough for the defense to bring it home. I can't see how we can win a BE title playing like that, but I'm getting used to it, I guess.

Notre Dame football is merely an afterthought these days. I've heard their Lacrosse team is good or perhaps that's another school???........

Has there ever in the history of college football been a program consistently and constantly - on practically a biblical scale - more overrated than Notre Dame?

The short answer is no.

Notre Dame football is merely an afterthought these days.
Agreed...Don't know why Kelly was so mad at the receiver. The ball hit him in he helmet. No way he could catch that ball. might have been mad because he wasn't looking for the pass.
Congratulations on answering your own question.