Mayfield or Beechwood, who is the #1 team in 1A?

theguru

Who is the #1 team in 1A?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #1 team in 1A?

Have not seen Mayfield play but I am sure they are formidable again. Beechwood had a real rough night but let's not forget they are still 1A and beat a very athletic and fast 4A team. If not for 2 fumbles returned BW throws another shutout and they also fumbled on the Holmes 1 yd. line. Strike those 3 plays folks and it'd 28 zip....again. I must say though, the first game jitters Coach Rash talked about rode the bus to Holmes tonight. The Tigers must step it up in the next few weeks with Holy Cross and Cov. Cath coming up. I am for a 1 and 1A ranking right now until someone loses. Both teams play up in class so often it's hard to compare apples to apples until they play each other.

Who knows, I voted Mayfield because it's my team but Bw returns all those stars who won the frosh championship over FTH so I guess we are susposed to give them the 1 spot. Mayfield is young but very talented. I would hate to know I had a date late in the year with them after they grow up a little more at their house out in the wild wild west

Last year, Mayfield had an incredible offense and a bend, but, not break defense. This year, they have an incredible defense and an efficient offense. Jake Guhy throws a really nice pass and seems to always put it where only a Cardinal receiver can catch it. They have Higginson back again as there go to receiver, but, Jones, Love, Ross are all solid receivers with breakaway speed. They also have a new weapon in the 6'5 TE Downey, a spot they didn't get anything out of last year. Jackson is a bigger and faster RB than he was last year and, although young, a solid OL. Once they get a few more games under there belts, they're gonna be very good. Right now, they still jump off sides too much and still need to get a little stronger to help the run game, but, technique wise, they're skilled. Defensively, this may be one of Mayfield best in a long, long time, They swarm to the ball, have a solid secondary that covers very well, they all wrap up there man , have excellent LBs and Wynn at DT is a manchild against the run while Scott at DE is a beast on the edge and in the pass rush. Both those guys require double teams which allows Jackson to make plays on the blitzes. They're really fundamentally sound. Looks like Joe has found a guy to put the ball in the endzone now in #80. Don't know his name, but, he didn't allow any kickoffs to be ran back tonight, while Wynstra is the consistent extra point and fg guy. He hit one tonight from 38 yds that easily could have been made from 45 out. Overall, this version of the Cardinals will be an extremely hard team to beat for any 1a team and i'd be hard pressed to not have them as the team to beat.