Recruiting

I have mentioned on this board a couple of times about how colleges are going after girls younger and younger for softball. My daughter's organization had a 2015 (freshman) verbal this week to the University of Washington out of the Pac 10. For those who do not follow college softball the Pac 10 is where the best of the best play although the SEC is catching up the Pac 10 wins national championships year in and year out.

This girl is not the first 2015 to verbal as there have been several around the country and who knows how many have offers and have not yet chosen a school. Although there is nothing binding other than each others word I think its razy that a school can offer a girl that has yet to play a high school game. It makes it very nerve racking on parents for sure!!

I have mentioned on this board a couple of times about how colleges are going after girls younger and younger for softball. My daughter's organization had a 2015 (freshman) verbal this week to the University of Washington out of the Pac 10. For those who do not follow college softball the Pac 10 is where the best of the best play although the SEC is catching up the Pac 10 wins national championships year in and year out.

This girl is not the first 2015 to verbal as there have been several around the country and who knows how many have offers and have not yet chosen a school. Although there is nothing binding other than each others word I think its razy that a school can offer a girl that has yet to play a high school game. It makes it very nerve racking on parents for sure!!

UDub? That is big time! Seems early to commit.

Where does the lass go to high school?

UDub? That is big time! Seems early to commit.

Where does the lass go to high school?

A school up near Columbus Ohio.

I know it seems early but that is the way it is heading for D1 softball. Almost all of the D1 schools are done with the 2013 class and the bcs schools are just about done with there 2014 class.

I think I know of the girl you speak of. Did she play for one of the Laser teams this past summer? I heard that Washington was interested in her.

You see a lot of early commits in volleyball as well. College coaches are able to see these young athletes on the club circuit and project them as to how they will fit into their program in a couple of years. This seems to work way better than with their male counterparts. Of course nothing is binding until you sign the NLI.

Edited by 4pointplay
spelling

I think I know of the girl you speak of. Did she play for one of the Laser teams this past summer? I heard that Washington was interested in her.

Yes she played for Laser's Black, as far as I know UW got onto her almost a year ago at Nationals in Moline IL. I am pretty sure they made an offer not to long after that.