Lloyd Memorial/Garrard County predictions

DRKARK

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lloyd Memorial
    • Garrard County

I read the Danville/Garrad thread and it sounds like they are an imporved team, not knowing much about them. I think it was hard to tell anything from the Dayton game, not taking away from Dayton but the Juggs started shuffling people in and out. I think this week you get a good look at Asher and Kidd in the backfield together. Tommy Michaloby (thats the best I can do with that name) broke 2 screens for long touchdowns, looked like a real threat! With him and Brooks at wide reciever, Smith has targets but this team is only as good as the line play on both sides, offense has to move bodies and defense has to make plays this week. Its hard to make a prediction when you dont know the opposing team so I'll just say if we do a better job of blocking up front this week, and Dillon Smith makes it back we win a close one. Go Juggs!

Curious to see what Kidd's role will be this week. He had minimal playing time this past week and dont understand why. Feel he has proved himself as a threat running the ball but its hard to prove with no touches.

A couple of points about Garrard. They play mostly juniors except their three main skill players who are seniors. The offense accounted for 330 yards against Danville. The top two rushers, Wilson and Hayes, have both ran for over 180 yards in two games. The thing I'm anxious to see is if Garrard starts to throw the ball a little more. The running game has been very effective but Coach Scenters has typically liked to throw the ball so we will see.

As for the defense, they haven't allowed a point in the first half this season. The points allowed against Clay County in week 1 was a little deceiving because the game went into four overtimes. Danville only had 205 total yards last week. The defense has been a bit of surprise this season because they haven't been very strong the last couple of years. Most people in the area expected Garrard to be pretty solid this season but I think nearly everyone was caught off guard by their defensive improvement.

It will be interesting to see how the long trip to play an unknown opponent will factor into this. I would certainly feel more comfortable if the game was in Lancaster. But either way, it should be a good night of football.

I heard last night between #26 Wood & #3 York they have 9 sacks in 2 games for the Jugg Defense, (5 for Wood, 4 for York) I agree with neverwrong, this is a team that is loaded with talent but the line play needs to improve.