State Board Committee

Jesse James

Actually, the publics and KHSAA should thank the privates. Anyone attending the football finals in Louisville knows that any financial success enjoyed from the event is due to the crowds brought by the Catholic schools. I would think the publics would not want to separate from this subsidy.

Excuse me? Russell brought their whole town to the Finals. I don't think the fan support had anything to do with private/public. The Trinity/St X Championship had 20K plus because they are a big rivalry and both located in Louisville. Not because they are private schools.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me? Russell brought their whole town to the Finals. I don't think the fan support had anything to do with private/public. The Trinity/St X Championship had 20K plus because they are a big rivalry and both located in Louisville. Not because they are private schools.

And don't forget size of the school. The student population of Trinity-ST. X combined is bigger than the 4 schools playing in the 2 lower levels combined. Move the Trinity/St. X game 4-5 hours away and it probably does not draw as much as it does at home.

In addition, the KHSAA is already on record as saying the financial windfall they have comes from the boys Sweet 16 and not the football playoffs.

I hope so too but given that we have:

1. Private schools with districts

2. Private schools with no districts

3. Open enrollment counties

4. Independant school districts

5. Closed districts/counties

6. School district lines that do not match city/county lines

7. State Border schools

8. Schools consolidating/opening constantly

It is enough to make your head spin.

Great, great, great point. You have so many different scenarios going on that there is no way that everyone is competing on the same level. Now, the question what is the way to best get it as close as possible.