Covington Catholic 56 Dixie 35

theguru

The potential key to this game was the line for Cov Cath. Just dominated Dixie's and through that Gabe Gray did have his monster game. Sam Burchell by the time he leaves Cov Cath may be the best to ever come through the school. But in regards to Zeke Pike, one cheer from the Colonel CRAZIES said it all "Auburn made a mistake."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong about Cohorn IMO.

Sorry I think you missed my point. Cohorn is obviously a good athlete. My point, and I think you agreed is that you'd have to be superman to play 100% on every down. At some point late in the game, there's gonna be less gas in the tank. After his long TD catch & run, the poor kid had to grab is knees for a minute before he had to hold for the extra point! I can only assume that the Dixie coaching staff had him cleaning the locker room after the game too. They don't seem to be able to remember more that 16 kid's names. Can they find someone to spell him so he can focus, and have some gas in the tank for the entire game?

The potential key to this game was the line for Cov Cath. Just dominated Dixie's and through that Gabe Gray did have his monster game. Sam Burchell by the time he leaves Cov Cath may be the best to ever come through the school. But in regards to Zeke Pike, one cheer from the Colonel CRAZIES said it all "Auburn made a mistake."

All it says is the Crazies know nothing about college recruiting.

Great final 9 minutes of the 3 qrt. for CovCath scoring 28.

If you go back in look before the season, most believed that the DB were CovCath's weakness on defense.

At times you may have 3 soph.'s back there, so they are going to make mistakes.

As for Dixie, same old,same old.

Pike will not play QB in the SEC.

Maybe on the a practice team, because my friends he is no Major D1 QB. What was said in post 50, "Zeke Pike is the 11th best HS QB in the Country", if this is true then the nations QB class is way down. Maybe Auburn is wanting him at punter, he did a great job there last night.

Don"t want to get ahead of ourselves here, but does the Burchell kid have a future at, say Alabama? Seems that some on here are thinking that. Can't wait to see him in person. Don't remember him from last year as a frosh. Must have really worked his butt off this past season. Congrats on a great game Mr. Burchell!

Believe Pike is 3rd qb on Rivals and 5th on Scout. If Pike doesn't have to run for his life every play and has time that a Division 1 offensive line with top caliber receivers he's easily a qb. Mark my word when he tears up the SEC. Bir did a nice job but I'd take Pike any day. Kids a flat gamer.

Edited by bugatti

Don"t want to get ahead of ourselves here, but does the Burchell kid have a future at, say Alabama? Seems that some on here are thinking that. Can't wait to see him in person. Don't remember him from last year as a frosh. Must have really worked his butt off this past season. Congrats on a great game Mr. Burchell!

This is a great kid. Total package on and off the field. Kudos to you Sam.

Burchell played freshman ball all of last year and was moved up to varsity at the end of the season where he did find minutes in the last game. Very hard worker.

Let's not lose our minds. He's a really good sophomore LB with a bright future. He played freshman ball last year and after the season ended moved into the starting LB position for the playoffs.

LaSalle is down some this year...but still a good GCL team that would easily handle most N Ky teams. Next week for CCH will go a long way in showing just how good they can be this year.

Edited by C6H0-83

So is it Dixie's defensive scheme that is bad or is it the kids don't fit the scheme [coaching]? I've watched the last 2 years and Dixie's opponents run right at them successfully all night long! How many TD's from CCH came right up the middle last night? How many points are they giving up a game on average over the last 2 years? Gonna be a long year if some changes aren't made defensively [scheme-wise]

If your a 6a team and you are not two platooning you have no chance of winning anything. How can a school the size of Highlands two platoon and Dixie not??? Let me answer that for you......coaching!! Dixie does less with more than any other team in nky year after year..Something needs to change in Edgewood or there will be another thread just like this next year...Kids are out of shape, they loaf and take plays off constantly..I don't get it year after year....