Covington Catholic 56 Dixie 35

theguru

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath gave up a couple of long scores on errors by the CCH secondary.

More mental errors than physical shortcomings.

Those can be corrected.

I know the coaching staff was not happy about giving up 35.

Pike was Pike tonight. No better, no worse. Just Pike.

Burchell WAS a beast. If you want to search the archives for a comparison, go ahead. You are just trying to show your history. He is real today.

Bir had another good game. The progress he's made from last year is stark.

The question mark for this CovCath team is the secondary. They made some good plays tonight, but they also gave up some big ones. Pike would not have be as effective without the big play.

Talkers is a huge weapon for CovCath and he has yet to kick a field goal.

Why does as school as big as Dixie play so many kids both ways? I sat next to a Dixie 'ex who was as surprised as I was. Cohorn is a good, not great, athlete, but he can not be expected to do it all. Is it time for the Edgewood Mafia to rise up?

Dixie’s #7 took quite a blow tonight, looked like to the neck/head. Fans saw it and verbally reacted, but no one (coaches/refs) bothered to pull him and check him out immediately after the play. He wobbled a bit getting up and regaining composure and didn’t appear to be fully able to block on the next play. Does this bother anyone else that he wasn’t even examined for a possible concussion before the next play took place? Hope the kid's alright.

Was it just me or does Dixie have a really poor coaching staff. Some of the time outs called didn't make any sense. The clock management right before the half was aweful. The playcalling was very suspect on numerous occassions, then I counted 4 consecutive plays right before the half where someone from Dixie was either cramping or injured on a play, who's doing the conditioning over there. Didn't see CC, BWood or SK cramp up hardly at all all night. Then in the 2nd half, it appeared CC made all the adjustments and took control of the game and it appeared Dixie didn't have a clue how to adjust to what CC was doing. Now Pike's a heck of a QB and his abilities will likely win them some games, but, if they're playing a team anywhere close to there abilities, they're in big trouble.

The TD pass by Pike at the end of the first half is why he is a big time recruit. He still tries to make way too many dangerous throws just because of his natural arm strength at gets hm in trouble, but I did think showed better touch on the short and intermediate routes over last year.

Burchell was very impressive for a sophomore. Showed great tackling technique and really closed well on the ball.

Gray was big time in the 2nd half. He runs hard hard down hill and has enough elusiveness to make guys miss in space. He flat out dominated the 2nd half.

I was also impressed with Bir. He spreads the ball around well and puts a lot of pressure on the defense to defend sideline to sideline...