Covington Catholic 56 Dixie 35

theguru

People shouldn't be mad when people "bash" Pike. This whole sight is for people to share there opinions about teams, games, and players. Pike is the QB. The most important position in any sport. So he is bound to receive more of a bashing than he deserves and more credit than he deserves. That is just the way it is.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pike will be fine...You don't make it to the Elite 11 if you aren't any good..The only thing with Zeke is he tries to force a lot of passes. He'll get better the more he plays..

It's also only his 2nd year as a Varsity starting QB. I think experience is worth it's weight in gold.

Do you know why? It's because it is never developed. Do you think the kids from Ft. Thomas are born knowing how to play football?? They are taught and developed through coaching..

Big difference between the two is the Ft. Thomas youth league and NKYFL. One is based on teaching the game and developing the kids, and the other is based on winning. I've said it many times before, IMO, Highlands' success is directly related to their youth league.

Big difference between the two is the Ft. Thomas youth league and NKYFL. One is based on teaching the game and developing the kids, and the other is based on winning. I've said it many times before, IMO, Highlands' success is directly related to their youth league.

I don't disagree..

Roster has Cleves at #20 and that's what we were going off of in the booth during the game.

He is playing now, FB1 meant he hasn't played since his Freshman season. He is a senior, but not with the experience level of a typical senior. He is a great athlete and played well for the most part, but not a "seasoned" veteran like Reese.

Ok gotcha. I think that was him making the hit on Seth Bruns in the pic. in the paper yesterday. Still a nice tackle. Who does Covcath have this week?

He is playing now, FB1 meant he hasn't played since his Freshman season. He is a senior, but not with the experience level of a typical senior. He is a great athlete and played well for the most part, but not a "seasoned" veteran like Reese.

Pike could get a D1 scholarship at many different positions for different reasons. He has NFL bloodlines, he is 6'5, and he is a year and a half older than other seniors. Colleges love the fact that his body is another year maturer than others. But yes, a coaches job is to put players into the position to make a play. Then its the players job to actually make the catch, tackle, etc. Does anyone know how the Dixie players feel about there coaches?

Pike had 40+ offers last spring I don't think age has anything to do with it. Talent, Attitude, and Work Ethic. Not to mention POTENTIAL

Rooting for someone to fail be it on an athletic or academic scholarship just so you can say see I told you I was right is the most immature behavior I have ever seen or heard of in my life. I am a Dixie fan so I obviously hope Pike suceeds at the next level and I also hope Towles, Bir, and Barker along with anyone else receiving the opportunity does. Some people on here really need to read what they are posting and say would I want this said about me or my child before hitting the post button.

Most people who bring up his age probably don't actually know it and besides there are many people that could play HS football at 19-20 and still wouldn't get a sniff at D1. I trust that auburn knows what they want after evaluating him more than I do joebluegrasspreps