Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What advantages does Trinity have over Highlands other than...

Featured Replies

Zero chance a private school doesn't take the unathletic kid wanting to attend.

 

You have absolutely no clue nor idea about which you speak. Such an argument is ludicrous.

  • Replies 215
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The special education issue cannot be measured in numbers, dollars, or in any other way. I will say that in this area some schools excell and others meet the minimum. Scince Highlands is a part of the topic I must point out that the Ft. Thomas Independant Schools provide an exceptional experience for those with special needs. In fact many families, and I dare say far more than those who do so for athletic reasons, choose to live in Ft. Thomas for this reason. Also, to point out where the priorities are in Ft. Thomas many will be suprised to find that space for special needs education was completed as Phase One of the High School remodel. Athletic facility remodel is planned as Phase 7. There is not one dollar allocated to phase seven, private or public, and there is no reason to beleive that any child currently enrolled at the middle school level will be around to see this phase completed.

You have absolutely no clue nor idea about which you speak. Such an argument is ludicrous.

 

Umm Jim? He was saying a good thing about us. Zero chance a private school does not take an unathletic kid wanting to attend. Meaning we take anyone who wants to come. :thumb:

But yet you have had plenty of time to develop your football program to a level well past the publics. I'm not buying it. I guess it is all about where your priorities, or in some cases national directed priorities, fall.

 

When you have some time (because you are obviously stuck on football) I would suggest you check out Trinity's priorities on academic endeavors and see how well they do with those, both locally and nationally. T does just as well with those as they do with sports, if not better.

Curious, I looked up the top 30 schools in Rivals final 2010 national high school rankings.

 

24 out of 30 were public schools. The average enrollment of the public schools was about 2200 students.

 

There's no arguing that size is an advantage. However, it is obvious that not all big schools utilize it.

 

If privates make up 20% of the top 30 but only make up approx. 5% of the schools, wouldnt that say they are doing pretty well? Maybe someone can come up with an exact % but I would think 5 would be close.

No one answered my question on the middle school that feed the Birds/Rocks, or did they, I might have missed it.

 

No matter how much money/pull/grades/ at Manual and Male you just can't walk up and go to school there. I meet parents a lot (team Mom at Male and a neighbor with a very smart child) who are trying to get their child into these programs and a lot are trying who don't play sports. Male has been a round since the 1800s.

No one answered my question on the middle school that feed the Birds/Rocks, or did they, I might have missed it.

 

No matter how much money/pull/grades/ at Manual and Male you just can't walk up and go to school there. I meet parents a lot (team Mom at Male and a neighbor with a very smart child) who are trying to get their child into these programs and a lot are trying who don't play sports. Male has been a round since the 1800s.

 

Sorry. It was kind of buried in the discussion. In FTIS, 3 elementary schools (K-5) feed 1 middle school (6-8) that feeds 1 high school (9-12). Hope that was what you were looking for.

Considering alumni who have graduated during the last 75 years (T's first graduating class was in 1957), I wonder how the per capita alumni monetary support compares between privates and publics. I would venture that the privates' amount is higher than the publics'.

One could say also that those private school alumni who contribute to their alma maters contribute to the support of the publics (through real property taxes mainly). I don't know if public school alumni can dedicate a contribution for a certain need or if it would just go into a general pot to put out whichever fire may be burning at that time. I believe most privates can have fund drives for specific needs--maybe the publics can't. However, there is nothing that I know of that prevents a big hitter (coal baron, business owner, medical doctor) from donating to his/her public alma mater. As I posted somewhere earlier, the privates for the most part earn any advantages they have.

Edited by tcjkbt

I believe most privates can have fund drives for spoecific needs--maybe the publics can't.
They do, in the form of booster clubs.
  • Author
On your terms then, not taking into account other factors that infulence football playing students:

 

Beechwood isn't supposed to be as good as Highlands (size/numbers)

 

BW - 193 Boys

Highlands - 400 Boys

 

Approx a 50% difference

 

23 of the 30 non T or X 6A schools - 910-712 boys

Trinity - 1453 boys

 

Approx a 50-60% difference

 

So again I ask, is Beechwood underachieving becase they can't beat Highlands.

 

Want to argue that 7 teams are underachieving, fine. The rest are in the same boat as Beechwood, numbers wise.

 

Yes I want to argue those seven teams. And the other 23 (using your numbers) should be much much more competitive.

What I think Guru is saying is that he wants to argue, and that if all of us will argue enough with him that BGP will get enough hits that Guru can afford to send his offspring to Trinity.

You have absolutely no clue nor idea about which you speak. Such an argument is ludicrous.

 

Make sure I understand.

 

You're saying Trinity looks at a kid's ability to contribute to sports before they say whether he can attend?

Umm Jim? He was saying a good thing about us. Zero chance a private school does not take an unathletic kid wanting to attend. Meaning we take anyone who wants to come. :thumb:

 

That's exactly what I was saying.

That is bull, the private Schools take all kinds of kids they need the money to, and they pay for your School also, lets do this come Sept we let the gov know we are closing all private Schools and see your taxes go up up and up

That is bull, the private Schools take all kinds of kids they need the money to, and they pay for your School also, lets do this come Sept we let the gov know we are closing all private Schools and see your taxes go up up and up

 

What is "bull?"

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.