Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What advantages does Trinity have over Highlands other than...

Featured Replies

Some of guys need to read stuff a little closer ...

  • Replies 215
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
What I think Guru is saying is that he wants to argue, and that if all of us will argue enough with him that BGP will get enough hits that Guru can afford to send his offspring to Trinity.

 

I am not Catholic but if I lived in Louisville I would strongly consider sending my son to Trinity.

I am not Catholic but if I lived in Louisville I would strongly consider sending my son to Trinity.

 

Guru, We'd be proud to have him. We usually save the Lear Jet for recruiting trips, but for you, we could make an exception. By jet it isn't that long a comute.

Me +3 will be attending .

 

Trinity would have to have more parking advantages . How is the parking situation at the stadium ? Large school and lots of parking I assume ? Any good food places nearby not named McDonalds or Wendy's ?

 

Everyone that I talk to says attendance should be about 3 thousand , does that sound about right ?

 

On a side note , I had to fire my spy at Highlands practice . What good is a spy who won't talk ! Man , he can keep a secret !!

I am not Catholic but if I lived in Louisville I would strongly consider sending my son to Trinity.

 

What position does he play? :lol:

I can't speak for all private schools, I suppose. But having attended 12 years of Catholic schools, having put my son and daughter through 13 years each, I think I have a good idea of how things work. ALL private schools are bound by the funding they are able to raise to meet their goals. That is a disadvantage for some, and an advantage for others. Certain schools have done an absolutely outstanding job of developing their students to become supporting alumni(ae). That goes for both boys, girls and co-ed. Others, for whatever reasons, have not been able to do the same.

 

Now, to speak specifically of Trinity, their biggest advantage is the strength and generosity of their alumni base, in both "time and treasure". They stay involved long after they've graduated and for quite a few, they then educate their children their, and so on and so on, and the cycle continues. People speak all the time here in Louisville of returning to neighborhood schools, one of the reasons for which is to foster a sense of community and support. But the reality is that it doesn't matter where you live. Your school community is not bound by geography....if you're fostering a sense of community.

 

You can put up each and every public school up against Trinity, and yes....we will have certain advantages. On the other hand, the other schools will, by and large, have advantages of their own. There is no such thing as an "even playing field". Not in high school sports, not in life. Each does the best they can with what they have.

 

For those who are citing that Trinity can accept whom they choose to admit, yes, they can. HOWEVER, they aren't nearly as selective as some public schools in Jefferson County. Manual, for instance, actually has the ability to deny students admission. So does Male. Ballard, Eastern, et. al. are allowed to accept students outside the home radius, based upon enrollment capacity. If a student that Trinity's facilities and programs can accommodate wants to attend Trinity, the HAVE to be able to pay at least half the tuition, but in reality closer to the total amount:

 

 

Tuition for the 2011-12 school year is as follows:

• $10,825 if paid in full by July 15, 2011,

• $11,100 if the four-payment plan is selected,

• $11,350 if the 10-month plan is selected, and

• $11,550 if the 12-month plan is selected

 

If a family decides they can do this, then the child takes a placement test. It's not an admissions test, it's a test to determine the abilities of the student. Once that has been done, the student and his family meet with staff at Trinity and they discuss the placement in "tracks" for the student. Because most students have different abilities in different disciplines, they will be placed in classes that focus on developing the needs that are lacking. If a student is in need of developing his reading comprehension skills, his math classes may be heavy on word problems, his history class heavy on written homework, and so on and so on. The students are evaluated throughout their time at Trinity. My son, for instance, was placed in all higher level "tracks" except in one discipline. However, by the 3rd week of school, he'd been moved into other classes because his work was far more advanced than the standardized test had indicated he was capable of.

 

And therein lies another advantage: The administration at Trinity has made it a priority to be there every step of the way for the students, on an individual basis. I believe it CAN and does happen in some public schools, but in many others, although the desire may be there to do so, and the best attempts made, often they are diverted because other issues become the priority, ie discipline. Which brings me to ANOTHER advantage: By and large, the student population at Trinity is well-disciplined. There are the rogues, of course. How could you have a population of ~1400 boys and NOT have the rogues? On the other hand, I always found it amazing that a school with ~1400 boys has as few problems with discipline as Trinity.

 

Anyway, there are quite a few advantages that Trinity has over many other schools, not just Highlands. When it comes to Highlands, I get the impression all things are equal except the size of their roster and their weightroom facilities.

 

 

Tuition for the 2011-12 school year is as follows:

• $10,825 if paid in full by July 15, 2011,

• $11,100 if the four-payment plan is selected,

• $11,350 if the 10-month plan is selected, and

• $11,550 if the 12-month plan is selected

 

.

 

For comparison, CCH tuition for in-district students is $6,000.

Is there any rules on who can write the check for the tuition ?

Is there any rules on who can write the check for the tuition ?

 

KHSAA does have rules for athletes.

So a "rich uncle" can't pay the way for a good athlete ? But he can for a non-sports student ?

I don't believe the rich uncle can pay for the non-athlete either.

So a "rich uncle" can't pay the way for a good athlete ? But he can for a non-sports student ?

 

True.

I don't believe the rich uncle can pay for the non-athlete either.

 

Why not? Who would have that rule? The school will take payment from whomever can pay.

So a "rich uncle" can't pay the way for a good athlete ? But he can for a non-sports student ?

 

An uncle can pay the way for an athlete per KHSAA rules.

Why not? Who would have that rule? The school will take payment from whomever can pay.
What about an alumni ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.