Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class Act...NOT

Featured Replies

So much for local support, and encouragement....

 

As the CovCath student body filed out of school yesterday they offered the NCC football team (practicing on their field) a very supportive cheer....

 

 

"Go Mayfield..Go Mayfield"...etc. Nice to know the fine young men at CCH are with the Breds in spirit... :irked:

  • Replies 78
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in this instance, i would have had to cheer along with them

I wouldn't get too wound up over it.

Rivals are heated and it's never easy for one, to cheer for the other. The 'ole saying "Boys will be Boys" comes to mind and it's just teenagers, being themselves and this would probably happen at most schools.

 

Don't hold it against them and this shouldn't be a reflection of them, regarding class. I've heard too many chants, at various places....part of athletics.

 

:thumb:

 

(I have no ties to either school)

I think it reflects quite poorly on them! Usually, when local schools play down state, the entire community backs them. That would include so-called "rival" teams. I think it's pretty sad that they would turn against a local team.

 

GO BREDS!!!*

 

 

 

 

*From a rival.

I think it reflects quite poorly on them! Usually, when local schools play down state, the entire community backs them. That would include so-called "rival" teams. I think it's pretty sad that they would turn against a local team.

 

GO BREDS!!!*

 

 

 

 

*From a rival.

 

 

Passed a Fort Thomas public grade school today that had "Go NewCath, Bring Back State" on its sign in front.

I am quite amazed at that, I haven't ever heard of anybody from Mayfield doing that to our boys, that would be considered treason around these parts!!!

What do you all expect? After all CCH is Roman Catholic and NCC is German Catholic!

 

j/k

So much for local support, and encouragement....

 

As the CovCath student body filed out of school yesterday they offered the NCC football team (practicing on their field) a very supportive cheer....

 

 

"Go Mayfield..Go Mayfield"...etc. Nice to know the fine young men at CCH are with the Breds in spirit... :irked:

 

Reasons the fine young men might have been chanting "Go Mayfield":

 

1) Want NewCath loss to prevent private school sweep, thus stopping approval of separate divisions.

2) Some of the CovCath students (who like students at X, T, and LexCath, attend school from multiple counties) are actually from Graves County.

3) Were using reverse psychology to fire Breds up.

4) Mistakenly thought Mayfield was the name of the Breds top running back.

5) Wanted to get the goat of FabFour and other NewCath backers.

I highly doubt it could have been to large of a group of students seeing as NewCath hasn't been arriving to our school until about 3:00 or so and the school is pretty much cleared out by 2:45 except for people staying after for something. Pretty much everyone I've talked to wants NewCath too win if for no other reason to make the public schools mad.

I highly doubt it could have been to large of a group of students seeing as NewCath hasn't been arriving to our school until about 3:00 or so and the school is pretty much cleared out by 2:45 except for people staying after for something. Pretty much everyone I've talked to wants NewCath too win if for no other reason to make the public schools mad.

 

So you are saying it was the Detention Club members? :D

So you are saying it was the Detention Club members? :D

Bender!

 

That kid is still trouble!:irked:

I'm not surprised. At the Highlands/LexCath game I heard a CovCath kid yell "Go LexCath" before the start of the game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Breds!

Loving the avatar BF.

 

As you all know very well, I don't have much like or sympathy for CovCath in any way, shape, or form.

 

However, during my senior year at NewCath, I can't honestly tell you I wouldn't have done the same to them in a reversed situation.

I think it reflects quite poorly on them! Usually, when local schools play down state, the entire community backs them. That would include so-called "rival" teams. I think it's pretty sad that they would turn against a local team.

 

GO BREDS!!!*

 

 

*From a rival.

 

When Trinity or St. X plays out of state teams, I feel very confident that Louisville Eastern High School Principal Sexton would enthusiastically cheer for the opposing teams.

 

If Trinity or St. X were to play the al Qaida coached by Osama, I am not sure who he would root for.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.