Covington Catholic has New Coach

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me you may have been part of the crowd standing on the dock waving goodbye. My question was legit, tell me how this guy is different than Coach L and his philosophies? Or ignore it. Whatever.

Why do you want to air dirty laundry about Coach L on a forum like this? It is not appropriate and I will not bite. Suffice it to say that a change was needed. It was made. Move on.

Wow. As many of you are aware, I read a lot of the threads in all forums on BGP. And I have to say this thread is one of the craziest I have read on here.

I agree. Great hire for CCH but let's keep things in perspective, folks.

A coach can only do so much and still needs the talent to win. No disrespect to any of the recent CCH players but maybe Coach L didn't have much success the past few years because he simply didn't have as much talent?

Let's let the new coach actually coach a game before we start coming out with these crazy expectations and speculating what the program might turn in to.

I agree. Great hire for CCH but let's keep things in perspective, folks.

A coach can only do so much and still needs the talent to win. No disrespect to any of the recent CCH players but maybe Coach L didn't have much success the past few years because he simply didn't have as much talent?

Let's let the new coach actually coach a game before we start coming out with these crazy expectations and speculating what the program might turn in to.

I agree with the bolded part above, but from what I recall, the crazy expectations seemed to be voiced more from the non-CCH fans, where as the CCH fan base I think has been more grounded or subdued in our expectations. Either way, I still think it is a good hire, and the one thing I did like hearing is that he will adapt his system to the players he has, rather than the other way around. IMO, the previous coaching staff did not do a good job with this.

I agree with the bolded part above, but from what I recall, the crazy expectations seemed to be voiced more from the non-CCH fans, where as the CCH fan base I think has been more grounded or subdued in our expectations. Either way, I still think it is a good hire, and the one thing I did like hearing is that he will adapt his system to the players he has, rather than the other way around. IMO, the previous coaching staff did not do a good job with this.

:thumb:

The King is correct. Those outside of Park Hills seem to think the halls are filled with highly-skilled basketball players and tremendous athletes. Incorrect. Filled with a lot of solid players but rarely is there a D2 player much less a D1 player.

The King is correct. Those outside of Park Hills seem to think the halls are filled with highly-skilled basketball players and tremendous athletes. Incorrect. Filled with a lot of solid players but rarely is there a D2 player much less a D1 player.

That's why he will get all the talented kids from Holmes, Holy Cross, Dixie, Boone, SK, Newport etc...lol to transfer in Duh!:p

• 2 weeks later...

More great news for Cov Cath fans. I just heard they have added Tony Bacigalupo as varsity assistant? That is a great pick up for the Colonels! I think he was helping out an Ohio team last year? Former head coach of the Big Trains!

• 2 weeks later...
More great news for Cov Cath fans. I just heard they have added Tony Bacigalupo as varsity assistant? That is a great pick up for the Colonels! I think he was helping out an Ohio team last year? Former head coach of the Big Trains!

I've heard nothing but outstanding reports on Tony.

I've also heard some interesting names out there as possibilities for the staff. Nothing to confirm though.

I've heard nothing but outstanding reports on Tony.

I've also heard some interesting names out there as possibilities for the staff. Nothing to confirm though.

Clyde - Have you heard anything concerning the open gyms, including the two-a-days? How have numbers been?

Clyde - Have you heard anything concerning the open gyms, including the two-a-days? How have numbers been?

Has anyone heard how open gym and the team camp are going?

I talked to someone this weekend that said it was going really well. No ideas on numbers though.