Covington Catholic has New Coach

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure....it could be just another rumor. But I've heard it recently a couple of times.

I, for one, am very pleased with the hire. Welcome him and his family and am looking forward to seeing what he can get done. The fact that he was the Dean of Discipline coupled with learning from a great coach - should do this program some good.

Yes, I think his resume will help getting kids from the CCH feeder schools back interested in going to CCH vs. looking at other area schools. As for the prep school idea - that's a pipe dream.

Rowe did his job. Made a solid hire - with no politicial influences - getting the program back on track....

The fact that he has a son that plays - can only be a positive IMO. Heard he should actually be a sophomore but that he is starting at CCH next year as a freshman. His name is Nick and from all accounts he is darn good. CCH can use a solid shooting guard. If he makes the team better - so be it.

I think all the parents are happy and just want to see things improve for the team. The fact that this guy is coming in without any preconceived notions and any political agendas and will be able to evaluate the kids with a fresh set of eyes is a very good thing. If a kid makes the team, or gets playing time - he's earned it. This is a good thing.

My take on this situation is maybe, just maybe I will go to a few Cov Cath games this year and take a few pictures. Seems like the thing to do.

Good luck to the new coach and players in the upcoming season!

He has coached at all private schools. The MBA must have been on scholarship, or he'll never pay those loans off raising the Brady Bunch.

My guess is that the side job they mentioned

He has owned a company that distributes carbon dioxide for fountain beverage systems. As owner-president, he has become responsible for all financial aspects of the company. The company has over 700 customers in Ohio and Pennsylvania

Goes a long way in allowing him to survive on the salary he recieves from the private schools he teaches at. I know of a couple of coaches who have a side career that supplements their teaching/coaching salary.

My guess is that the side job they mentioned

He has owned a company that distributes carbon dioxide for fountain beverage systems. As owner-president, he has become responsible for all financial aspects of the company. The company has over 700 customers in Ohio and Pennsylvania

Goes a long way in allowing him to survive on the salary he recieves from the private schools he teaches at. I know of a couple of coaches who have a side career that supplements their teaching/coaching salary.

That would do it. That would be my dream, own a company that I can manage hands-off and coach and teach.

The CovCath faithful should be excited about this guy coming in and possibly getting them back in the mix as a Top 5 team in NKY.

Now that is funny. They have been a top 3 team in 6 out of the last 9 years. They are one of the best 3 programs up here. If that is all he has to do then maybe they've hired the wrong coach.

Anyone meet the new coach tonite?

Yep, looks like he has the fundamental building blocks to put together a strong team.

Highlights:

- Focus on discipline, hard work, attention to detail, aggressive rugid style, won't put up with attitude, "no individual is more important than the team"

- Practice will begin June 1st with focus on individual skills and team drills

- Says he doesn't mind kids playing 2 or more sports "brings some aggressiveness" to the table

- Doesn't have his assistants lined up yet (reviewing resumes of people in the area)

Anyone meet the new coach tonite?

I was not there, but in talking to a couple of the seniors, from this past years team, they were VERY impressed, and in fact disappointed they did not get a chance to play for him. One of the things they really liked hearing was he wants to play fast. Also sounds like his son is a stud, one of the top players in his class in the state of New Jersey. Was also told that his wife was transfered or accepted a job with one of the big companies in town, and that is what got him looking for opportunites in the area. He also will teach, I think two subjects. Sounds like a really good get for the school. Good luck Coach R !!!