Covington Catholic has New Coach

Didnt it say he is responsible for the financial aspects of his company that has 700 customers? Why would he need to take on any role at CCH outside of hoops coach?

I noticed he has his MBA from ND and a former ND player has a son on CovCath's roster. hmmmmmmm

Not only was his son on the roster but was quite vocal in his disappointment with his son's playing time, had a meeting with the coach and then shortly after the coach steps down and CCH hires an ND guy. Not hard to connect the dots in who really drives the ship.

Going to bring his son into play as I recall the Listerman boys had tremendous careers at CCH and NKU yet Tieman and staff drew much heat for playing both of them as freshmen and sophmores. Hope he doesn't play is son in front of the wrong kid's parents or his stay in NKY might be shortlived

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only was his son on the roster but was quite vocal in his disappointment with his son's playing time, had a meeting with the coach and then shortly after the coach steps down and CCH hires an ND guy. Not hard to connect the dots in who really drives the ship.

If you tried you could not be any more incorrect in your accusation.

The fact that he's from a prep school is irrelevant to how it will go at CCH.

Nothing is going to change how it's been over the last 10 to 20 years. If CCH does well you might get a few more kids wanting to come there.

This "prep school" talk is silly.

Really....Why!:confused:

Really....Why!:confused:

It's not their M.O.

If your definition is "private school" then it is their M.O.

Most people define it in regards to b-ball as a school that kids from all over the country come to in order to a)get more exposure and/or b)work on their academics for b-ball purposes. That is NOT their M.O.

It's not their M.O.

If your definition is "private school" then it is their M.O.

Most people define it in regards to b-ball as a school that kids from all over the country come to in order to a)get more exposure and/or b)work on their academics for b-ball purposes. That is NOT their M.O.

Great definition by the way....

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this new coach will be making many summer drives North on Dixie Hwy, and not South...I don't know, I think the new coach is used to coaching superior athletes. Don't you? M.O. or no M.O.

Great definition by the way....

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this new coach will be making many summer drives North on Dixie Hwy, and not South...I don't know, I think the new coach is used to coaching superior athletes. Don't you? M.O. or no M.O.

My wonder is what his expectations are as far as skill and athletic ability.

Good question. Cost of living. Environment for his kids. Who knows.

Does he become one of the top paid employees at CovCath or how does that work. I'm thinking that it wasn't a problem finding the $$$$ to bring this guy in. Something tells me he better learn to like Animal Fat.

My wonder is what his expectations are as far as skill and athletic ability.

National Champions? And the type of players that win National Championships. Just sayn........And you arent going to win National Championships unless you are playing on National TV a few times a yr. What type of athletic ability do you think fits that bill of goods? Are there even 5 kids in NKY that could play as an All Start team and stay within 25 of his team last yr? Lots of questions and only time will tell......And is this CovCath's style or M.O. LOL

Does he become one of the top paid employees at CovCath or how does that work. I'm thinking that it wasn't a problem finding the $$$$ to bring this guy in. Something tells me he better learn to like Animal Fat.

No clue. I would be surprised if he's paid anymore than Krumps or Wirth.

No clue what the Animal Fat line means.

Yeah and Tom Duffy came to Highlands just because he wanted to coach Football....Please!!!

Now thats funny right there...........Look, there are the people who think they are in the know and they will offer up their insight and then there is the few that are the know. I doubt very much that many on this site have a clue as to really who the brains are behind CovCath. And its not just CovCath its every school.

The fact that he's from a prep school is irrelevant to how it will go at CCH.

Nothing is going to change how it's been over the last 10 to 20 years. If CCH does well you might get a few more kids wanting to come there.

This "prep school" talk is silly.

Can you explain to why it is silly?