Covington Catholic has New Coach

WOW!!! I agree. That is one resume. To land someone of this caliber outside the area is something else. This sounds like something huge is going to happen in Park Hills in basketball. Might be a new king on campus. Great hire!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Bob Rowe and his staff in landing such a high profile coach to serve as the head coach of the Colonels. It appears that Coach Ruthsatz is the complete package, and the right choice for the Covington Catholic basketball program.

Knowing Bob as I do, I knew he would put his heart and soul into finding a top shelf person and coach to fill Mike Listerman's shoes. While at Brossart Mr. Rowe was Coach Rowe, serving as our Head Baseball Coach and our Junior Varsity Basketball Coach. He was a student of the game, and his teams always over-achieved. He is extremely competitive in all facets of his life, and has a burning will to win. It is obvious that he has carried these traits over to his principal's job and will strive to put Covington Catholic High School in a position to be a perennial power in each corner of his campus. Colonel Nation should consider themselve fortunate to have an administrator who recognizes the value and importance of quality athletics, as well as cutting edge technology, academic, and religious programs.

Congratulations!!! May we be the first ones in line, for better or worse, to seek a spot on your schedule for 2012-13. :thumb:

Interesting hire but I would have to agree with a previous reply that CCH will not be St. Anthony. They will not be able to draw kids from Cincinnati to NKY, these kids already get heavily recruited by colleges all over. Also, remember CCH plays with public schools unlike St. Anthony which means they will not allow CCH to recruit kids all over. We all know that is exactly what St. Anthony does in their area. His background is impressive but he will have to coach players that are not even close to being D-1 prospects, and having those players make coaching a lot easier. It is a good hire but expectations are high at CCH because of what the previous coach did ( just look at his record). I guess the new guy better win a bunch of titles or will the parents complain about him?

What are the ages of his kids?

No idea but one will be on the team next season.

I hit my Google key and it looks like he's a young guy. Graduated high school in 1992.

Edited by Clyde