Covington Catholic has New Coach

Yep, looks like he has the fundamental building blocks to put together a strong team.

Highlights:

- Focus on discipline, hard work, attention to detail, aggressive rugid style, won't put up with attitude, "no individual is more important than the team"

- Practice will begin June 1st with focus on individual skills and team drills

- Says he doesn't mind kids playing 2 or more sports "brings some aggressiveness" to the table

- Doesn't have his assistants lined up yet (reviewing resumes of people in the area)

Did he mention how he responds to anonymous parent emails?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good question..................that's why I was surprised to hear about him doing the reclassification.

Unless there is some exception the KHSAA says that once a kid has been promoted from the 8th grade he has four years of eligibility.

Now that is funny. They have been a top 3 team in 6 out of the last 9 years. They are one of the best 3 programs up here. If that is all he has to do then maybe they've hired the wrong coach.

What have you done for me lately?

Yep, looks like he has the fundamental building blocks to put together a strong team.

Highlights:

- Focus on discipline, hard work, attention to detail, aggressive rugid style, won't put up with attitude, "no individual is more important than the team"

- Practice will begin June 1st with focus on individual skills and team drills

- Says he doesn't mind kids playing 2 or more sports "brings some aggressiveness" to the table

- Doesn't have his assistants lined up yet (reviewing resumes of people in the area)

So how is this different than Coach L's philosophy?

So how is this different than Coach L's philosophy?

Your kidding me, right? Do you really want to go there? Isn't it time to move on? That ship has sailed and judging by all the smiling faces in the crowd last night, and the kids energy I'd say it was time. Didn't King Louie mention that some of the seniors were disappointed that they weren't going to get a chance to play for the new coach? A winning record doesn't make a winning program.

How can you be so sure? Seriously, are you going to tell me that this guy was just perusing the classifieds and all of the sudden decided "Hey maybe I should leave this National Power, uproot my family of 8 and move to Greater Cincinnati". Somebody had a connection to get this guy in front of Bob Rowe. There is nothing wrong with it to be honest. Good for whoever that person was that sold the new coach and helped CLOSE him.

Just because I posted that I am speculating Frederick had something to do with it possibly shouldnt come across as a negative. Whatever he did or said with Coach Listerman should have nothing to do with this. To be honest, his son probably should have been logging Varsity minutes last year. That is JMO after watching him play in JV games and then watching the Varsity guards.

I think Lumberjack was just trying to say that Parents in general drive the ship and obviously played a huge part in Coach Listerman deciding it was time to leave the basketball program. I was born at night but I wasnt born last night.

The CovCath faithful should be excited about this guy coming in and possibly getting them back in the mix as a Top 5 team in NKY.

So you think this for this past season, or upcoming seasons? Do you really think the team would have had a more successful season if Nick played over any of the seniors? How many of the Cov Cath games did you see? Which one(s)? By no way am I asking these questions as a negative on the young man. I am a big fan of his. However, I saw a lot of JV and varsity games this past year, and I guess I do not see the things you see.

Highlights:

- Focus on discipline, hard work, attention to detail, aggressive rugid style, won't put up with attitude,

Coach Listerman certainly needs to take some of the blame for the attitude being shown since it appeared he continued to let it happen. I bet he regrets that.

However, the people that should be the most criticized are the parents of the players that over the years continually showed a lack of respect towards the coaching staff on a regular basis. It amazed me how many times I heard about it from fans that were taken aback by it. Those parents talk out both sides of their mouth. The parents that allowed this to happen (and it wasn't the majority) are the real problem.

So you think this for this past season, or upcoming seasons? Do you really think the team would have had a more successful season if Nick played over any of the seniors? How many of the Cov Cath games did you see? Which one(s)? By no way am I asking these questions as a negative on the young man. I am a big fan of his. However, I saw a lot of JV and varsity games this past year, and I guess I do not see the things you see.

He should have gotten more minutes for his development but it was clearly evident Coach L didnt care for his flashiness. Although undersized I just thought he should have gotten some more Varsity minutes.

Your kidding me, right? Do you really want to go there? Isn't it time to move on? That ship has sailed and judging by all the smiling faces in the crowd last night, and the kids energy I'd say it was time. Didn't King Louie mention that some of the seniors were disappointed that they weren't going to get a chance to play for the new coach? A winning record doesn't make a winning program.

Sounds to me you may have been part of the crowd standing on the dock waving goodbye. My question was legit, tell me how this guy is different than Coach L and his philosophies? Or ignore it. Whatever.

Sounds to me you may have been part of the crowd standing on the dock waving goodbye. My question was legit, tell me how this guy is different than Coach L and his philosophies? Or ignore it. Whatever.

Coach Listerman was not usually supportive of his top players wanting to play other sports.