Jodie Meeks - Not too shabby

No comparison between him and Harden as far as I'm concerned. I saw a breakdown the other day and 90% of Meeks' baskets this season have been assisted which was among the top 7 in the league. He is a very, very good shooter, but let's be honest he's a one trick pony. Happy he's doing well, but its not like he's some star right now.

He's on par with guys like James Jones, Kyle Korver, Keith Bogans, and Daquan Cook in terms of overall offensive game.

No comparison between him and Harden as far as I'm concerned. I saw a breakdown the other day and 90% of Meeks' baskets this season have been assisted which was among the top 7 in the league. He is a very, very good shooter, but let's be honest he's a one trick pony. Happy he's doing well, but its not like he's some star right now.

He's on par with guys like James Jones, Kyle Korver, Keith Bogans, and Daquan Cook in terms of overall offensive game.

I'm searching for somewhere that someone said he was?

Meeks and Harden are completely different players but their overall production is not all that different. For being the 3rd overall pick, Harden has been a disappointment thus far.

I'm searching for somewhere that someone said he was?

Meeks and Harden are completely different players but their overall production is not all that different. For being the 3rd overall pick, Harden has been a disappointment thus far.

Disappointment? Harden hasn't been that at all. OKC drafted him as a role player and that is what he is. They didn't need another star, no do I think they were banking on him being one. And he's head and shoulders better than Jodie Meeks IMO. I don't see how anyone could/would compare the two.

Disappointment? Harden hasn't been that at all. OKC drafted him as a role player and that is what he is. They didn't need another star, no do I think they were banking on him being one. And he's head and shoulders better than Jodie Meeks IMO. I don't see how anyone could/would compare the two.

It's pretty simple how you can compare them...

Meeks - 10.5 ppg, 2.3 rebounds, 1.1 assists

Harden - 12.2 ppg, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists

Numbers don't tell the whole story but the gap sure isn't much right now. Harden still has plenty of room to grow, and is the type of player that can, but I'm sure the Thunder had more in mind when they took him third overall.

This "head and shoulders" and "it isn't even close" stuff is supported by zero facts.

It's pretty simple how you can compare them...

Meeks - 10.5 ppg, 2.3 rebounds, 1.1 assists

Harden - 12.2 ppg, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists

Numbers don't tell the whole story but the gap sure isn't much right now. Harden still has plenty of room to grow, and is the type of player that can, but I'm sure the Thunder had more in mind when they took him third overall.

This "head and shoulders" and "it isn't even close" stuff is supported by zero facts.

Except for the FACT that Jodie Meeks is among the 10 most dependent players in the league STAT-wise as far as getting his shot off. Meeks is the new Kyle Korver. Harden can do so much more than that. He would be a 16-17 PPG game scorer on alot of other teams. They like him at the 6th man, they drafted him as a 6th man. When a team has drafted as well as OKC, you can do that with the #3 pick.

Except for the FACT that Jodie Meeks is among the 10 most dependent players in the league STAT-wise as far as getting his shot off. Meeks is the new Kyle Korver. Harden can do so much more than that. He would be a 16-17 PPG game scorer on alot of other teams. They like him at the 6th man, they drafted him as a 6th man. When a team has drafted as well as OKC, you can do that with the #3 pick.

You love talking about stats but your argument about Harden doing MUCH more than Meeks certainly is not backed up by them.

Is it a fact they drafted him as a 6th man? He fits the roll well but I imagine they drafted him to start next to Westbrook in the backcourt.

You love talking about stats but your argument about Harden doing MUCH more than Meeks certainly is not backed up by them.

Is it a fact they drafted him as a 6th man? He fits the roll well but I imagine they drafted him to start next to Westbrook in the backcourt.

I hate stats but I use them on here because so many others do. If you can't see that Harden is a much more complete basketball player right now than Meeks, I don't think there is any point in arguing further.

And yes, right after he started playing with them I kept seeing and hearing their plans were for him to be their 6th man. Sounds crazy, but I can't really argue with it because it has worked.

I hate stats but I use them on here because so many others do. If you can't see that Harden is a much more complete basketball player right now than Meeks, I don't think there is any point in arguing further.

And yes, right after he started playing with them I kept seeing and hearing their plans were for him to be their 6th man. Sounds crazy, but I can't really argue with it because it has worked.

I don't buy the 6th man stuff but that's not the point.

:lol: Read the "Track the NBA Playoffs" thread and all you do is talk about stats in the Rondo argument :idunno:

Harden CAN do more but he doesn't. He has more room to improve than Meeks but we are talking about the present. Both play about the same amount of minutes and I already showed the stats. :idunno:

I don't buy the 6th man stuff but that's not the point.

:lol: Read the "Track the NBA Playoffs" thread and all you do is talk about stats in the Rondo argument :idunno:

Harden CAN do more but he doesn't. He has more room to improve than Meeks but we are talking about the present. Both play about the same amount of minutes and I already showed the stats. :idunno:

Once again OR, I use stats because that's what people have thrown at me for the last 4 years. I hate them because they are often skewed by the supporting cast one plays with.

And don't you think it is odd that you never hear that Harden was a bust? Why do you think that is? Because he is doing exactly what he was drafted to do.

Also, Harden plays with the highest scoring player in the game and another guy that gets 22 per game. Not too many shots to go around for guys after Durant and Westbrook get their fill. Which is completely different than the situation Meeks is in, is it not?

Also, Harden plays with the highest scoring player in the game and another guy that gets 22 per game. Not too many shots to go around for guys after Durant and Westbrook get their fill. Which is completely different than the situation Meeks is in, is it not?

Shots Per Game: Harden - 8.3, Meeks - 7.7

Playing with better players also aids in the assists category.

It's too early in his career to be considered a bust. He still has room to grow and is a solid role player right now. The other guy in our argument is also a solid role player.