Jodie Meeks - Not too shabby

Shots Per Game: Harden - 8.3, Meeks - 7.7

Playing with better players also aids in the assists category.

It's too early in his career to be considered a bust. He still has room to grow and is a solid role player right now. The other guy in our argument is also a solid role player.

Harden gets more shots on a more loaded team. Imagine how many he would get in Philly. Not a difficult situaiton to imagine.

Harden gets more shots on a more loaded team. Imagine how many he would get in Philly. Not a difficult situaiton to imagine.

Spin however you would like, both play similar minutes and have very similar numbers. Maybe Harden gets better looks when he does get it because he has stars on his team? We could speculate all day, I'm just presenting what has happened this year.

Imagine how much tougher his shots probably would be if he didn't have two stars in Durant and Westbrook on the court with him when he is in. So he may get more shots, but they probably would be tougher shots than what he has right now.

If you want to compare stats I would compare entire team stats and not just two players, it's easier to have better stats on a worse team. If you are a player that knows your role then your stats don't always reflect your full capability, being a great player is not about individual numbers.

Spin however you would like, both play similar minutes and have very similar numbers. Maybe Harden gets better looks when he does get it because he has stars on his team? We could speculate all day, I'm just presenting what has happened this year.

Maybe so, but he also gets less shot attempts than he normally would. That is common sense.

Imagine how much tougher his shots probably would be if he didn't have two stars in Durant and Westbrook on the court with him when he is in. So he may get more shots, but they probably would be tougher shots than what he has right now.

Yeah except for the fact that in the NBA guys put up better individual numbers on crappy teams than they would/do as role guys on good teams. Put Harden on Philly and he's dropping 16 or 17 per game.

Jodie Meeks is a one trick pony, if you can't see that you don't watch the NBA or read about the NBA.

If you want to compare stats I would compare entire team stats and not just two players, it's easier to have better stats on a worse team. If you are a player that knows your role then your stats don't always reflect your full capability, being a great player is not about individual numbers.

Stats don't tell the whole story at all but they can't be ignored either. I keep hearing about how Harden does "more" but I'm waiting for some proof?

Maybe so, but he also gets less shot attempts than he normally would. That is common sense.

Yeah except for the fact that in the NBA guys put up better individual numbers on crappy teams than they would/do as role guys on good teams. Put Harden on Philly and he's dropping 16 or 17 per game.

Jodie Meeks is a one trick pony, if you can't see that you don't watch the NBA or read about the NBA.

He is a one trick pony who average a huge 0.8 less rebounds and 1 less assist than a guy who can "do it all" so to speak. What gives?

He is a one trick pony who average a huge 0.8 less rebounds and 1 less assist than a guy who can "do it all" so to speak. What gives?

Did I say he can do it all? Don't remember saying that. He is way more capable of creating his own shot than Meeks is.

Did I say he can do it all? Don't remember saying that. He is way more capable of creating his own shot than Meeks is.

Way more capable of creating his own shot for sure and Meeks is easily the better shooter. Both are solid role players and Harden is on a much better team.

I'm not sure if you were around for the Meeks/Harden debates back in college but this thread was just an update on those and to give a shout out to a local guy who has worked hard and found a spot for himself in the league. According to some, Harden was on his way to being a sure All-Star while Meeks was going to struggle to stay in the league.