Good Brewery Tours?

Zoot Soup

I have been to 4 different Brewery tours. By far the best was in Golden Colorado, where Coor's is located. Part of it is the scenery surrounding, part of it was the tour guides and part was the variety of beer's to choose from.

I've been on about 10 brewery tours, and the best one BY FAR was the Lakefront Brewery tour in Milwaukee. I went about 5 years ago. You pay "for a souvenir pint glass" at the beginning of the tour, and then they have stops along the tour to refill your glass. About 5 stops for refills and about a 30 minute tour. Even the tour guide is drinking as you take the tour. They also happen to have Bernie Brewer's beer slide from the old Milwaukee County Stadium. Great time. Make sure you bring a DD :D

I have been to 4 different Brewery tours. By far the best was in Golden Colorado, where Coor's is located. Part of it is the scenery surrounding, part of it was the tour guides and part was the variety of beer's to choose from.

Colorado is next on my list. I've made St. Louis (Budweiser, Schlafly), Milwaukee (Miller, Lakefront), New Glarus (New Glarus), Chippewa Falls (Leinenkugel's), Cleveland (Great Lakes), Latrobe (Rolling Rock), Pottsville (Yuengling), and Boston (Sam Adams/Boston Brewing, Harpoon).

Colorado is next on my list. I've made St. Louis (Budweiser, Schlafly), Milwaukee (Miller, Lakefront), New Glarus (New Glarus), Chippewa Falls (Leinenkugel's), Cleveland (Great Lakes), Latrobe (Rolling Rock), Pottsville (Yuengling), and Boston (Sam Adams/Boston Brewing, Harpoon).

Had some Schlafly yesterday ... good stuff.

How was the trip to see Leinenkugel? I've been thinking about driving up there just for that. Worth it?

How was the trip to see Leinenkugel? I've been thinking about driving up there just for that. Worth it?

I'd definitely say so. It's a really cool old brewery, and they work hard to emphasize the history and tradition across on the tour - not unlike Makers Mark really...just kind of the "Wisonsin beer version". With several of the breweries I've toured, I took the tour, and now I've done that. Leinie's is one I wouldn't mind going back and doing again.

Oh, and be ready to have a LOT of merchandise pushed on you.