Dixie Heights 10 Covington Catholic 3

TOG, where are you!? I really appreciate your game summaries and was hoping you would have covered this one. Anyways Cov Cath got out to an early 2-0 lead until the bottom of the 3rd when the Red Colonels pushed across 7 runs. They never looked back at that point pushing across another 3 in the bottom of the 5th or 6th I'm not sure.

Hitting leaders for each team:

Dixie Heights- Abeling 2-3 3 rbi's and a double, Sexton 2-3 with an intentional walk and 1 single and a double.

Cov Cath- Severson 2-3 2 rbi's single and a double.

Starting pitcher for each team:

Dixie Heights- Dematteo 6 IP 3 earned runs.

Cov Cath- Severson 3 2/3 IP 6 earned runs.

Dematteo was lights out for Dixie keeper the Blue Colonels hitters off balance all night.

Severson threw VERY WELL until about mid 3rd inning. Until that point he only gave up 1 hit, to Sexton. He is a very promising lefty who reminds me a lot of a shorter version of Brice Smallwood.

Anyways good luck to both teams on the rest of their season!

:dancingpa

Dixie Heights- Abeling 2-3 3 rbi's and a double,

Anyone that watched Cory grow up knew he had the potential to be a good high school player. As a youngster his fundamentals were always better than the other players but he simply wasn't strong enough to make an impact. His throwing motion was strong and his swing was strong. HE wasn't strong so some confused that with lack of talent. So now that he's matured physically he has turned into a good 9th region player. Add in that he's been coached at home by one of the best one-on-one coaches around and it's no surprise he is having success.

Add in that he's a great kid and a great student and you've got a kid that Dixie can hold up and say "here's what we do here at Dixie."

Sounds like alot of programs in the 9th region

Anyone that watched Cory grow up knew he had the potential to be a good high school player. As a youngster his fundamentals were always better than the other players but he simply wasn't strong enough to make an impact. His throwing motion was strong and his swing was strong. HE wasn't strong so some confused that with lack of talent. So now that he's matured physically he has turned into a good 9th region player. Add in that he's been coached at home by one of the best one-on-one coaches around and it's no surprise he is having success.

Add in that he's a great kid and a great student and you've got a kid that Dixie can hold up and say "here's what we do here at Dixie."

Sounds like alot of programs in the 9th region

Obviously you dont understand what Clydes saying. Cory is a top notch student and an all around respectful kid along with being a pretty good ball player. One of the nicest kids I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I know every school has these type of kids but any school would be honored to have Cory in their attendance and on the baseball field.