Deandre Liggins - MUST READ

BleedBlue12

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I hear Boogie wasn't happy with Liggins telling the media that last year's frosh had too much ego.

Yeah but Liggens came back today with another interview to save face and Miller backed up his statements. Still wasn't very smart saying that last years team had too many egos.... What team doesn't have them!!!

Kinda thought that might happen, sometimes the truth hurts. Liggins would have been better off not saying it.

He did make some sort of clarification.

I never thought that last year's team had any ego problems. They just couldn't shoot for one game.

He did make some sort of clarification.

I never thought that last year's team had any ego problems. They just couldn't shoot for one game.

That was their down fall but I'm sure their were ego's in practice etc. Hopefully there's alot of former Cat's in the stands in about 20 hours.

So I hear Boogie wasn't happy with Liggins telling the media that last year's frosh had too much ego.

His tweet was completely unnecessary and of poor timing. He could have waited until after the tournament or maybe just contacted Dre instead of calling his statement out on twitter. I don't think this all means much but there's a slight chance that it could have had someone like ESPN made a big deal out of it. Liggins is talking about all of the egos and Cousins has to say something about it...Doesn't that prove Dre's statement?

His tweet was completely unnecessary and of poor timing. He could have waited until after the tournament or maybe just contacted Dre instead of calling his statement out on twitter. I don't think this all means much but there's a slight chance that it could have had someone like ESPN made a big deal out of it. Liggins is talking about all of the egos and Cousins has to say something about it...Doesn't that prove Dre's statement?

Very true, no fingures pointed, not saying he was horrible as a teammate, just stating a broad opinion, and yet it garnered a response....... Hmmmmm

For the record I loved Cuz, but a guilty mind usually speaks out...

Great article. Thanks for posting it. Kid has had to overcome some serious adversity. Kudos to him for doing so. Hopefully every other kid dealing with adversity reads the article and realizes that if they are fortunate enough to get a scholarship to college they should not squander the opportunity.

And while Liggins has certainly come far, I do agree with HT that Liggins still has more maturing to do. For his sake and his family and friends, I'm hoping and praying he does so. If he does, he can become extremely successful financially and help those in his old neighborhood overcome their adversities. Obviously Liggins has already learned it's not just about him. Hopefully he realizes the additional opportunities ahead of him and takes maximum advantage of those opportunities for his benefit and the benefit of others. That would be the true culmination of overcoming his own past adversities.