Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deandre Liggins - MUST READ

Featured Replies

Not ignoring just trying to avoid thread jacking which has been done enough you want to debate that pm me and I'll be glad to talk to you about it.

 

Way too late for that...

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Honestly, playing for Cal doesn't help him with me either. Memphis athletes in general get in trouble with the law non stop, and when I first got to know a lot about Cal was his time in Memphis which is very near to where I live, so I still associate him a lot with Memphis and how Memphis players act. It seems like some Memphis athlete is arrested once a month for something, if not more often than that. Them and UT really rival who can send the most kids to jail in a semester.

 

Which Memphis players were arrested under Cal?

Think about it, though,” Calipari said. “I’m sitting here telling him to worry about his teammates, when for most of his life it’s been all he can handle just to worry about himself.”

 

 

Love that, especially knowing before this article that his time and adjustment at UK hadn't come easily. His game ending three, the kiss on the forehead from Coach Cal, it just all comes full circle. You can tell by his attitude that he's excited about the right things too, like graduating college! Gotta love the kids heart, sounds like he's certainly been through alot in his life.

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

 

Don't get me wrong it's a terrible tragedy he's had to over come, but that doesn't justify how he acts sometimes.

 

Haha :rolleyes::cry:

You can call it whatever you want, but the first time someone dances in UK's face and you guys are all gripping about how childish it is, just remember you condoned it with Liggins. In life we all have hard times, that doesn't mean we've all been through anything nearly as traumatic as what he's been through, but we still have choices, he often times chooses to act like a child even though he's well over 20.

 

You mean like West Virginia..... Hmmmm ya I think we got over that one, it took time, about 51 weeks, but we're over it now.

Also if you are a parent here, what would you do if you saw your child behaving and running their mouth like Liggins has post game a few times this season. Would you like seeing your own child treat an opponent in a game that way?

 

I was actually going to address this, but thanks for brining it up for me. If you were a parent or role model, you mean like his dad that died when he was 14, his mom that didn't raise him, or his role model brother that was gunned down sticking up for his sister? You're questioning his decisions/actions when the article is clearly about him growing up as an athlete. That proof that SOME people can change for the better, your comments in this thread are the other side of that discussion.

His was church, but ya usually that's the point. Though they don't work if a person is committed to changing.

 

Did his publicist pick out the church?.......

Nice article, I hope that Liggins can continue to grow and be will be able build a good life for himself after basketball.

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

 

Don't get me wrong it's a terrible tragedy he's had to over come, but that doesn't justify how he acts sometimes.

 

It wouldn't be bad if he was the only one that acted like that , but every team that wins big games does it . It is not our fault Ole miss doesn't win to many Big games and you would Love Deandre if he was a Rebel .

It is not our fault Ole miss doesn't win too many Big games; and you would Love Deandre if he was a Rebel .
:lol: :lol:

Great article, thank you for posting. I kinda got goose bumps at the end.

 

I thought the kiss from Calipari was great at the end of the UNC game, after reading this article, its even better.

 

And not trying to turn this into a debate how how great Cal is as a coach (cause this thread has already been jacked several times) but the fact that Cal is able to relate to Liggins and help him reach his full potential speaks a lot about him. Cal has a knack of changing his coaching style, even his personality with different types of players. Look at how he handles Liggins vs. Knight vs. Cousins vs. Patterson. He is a great leader of men in my eyes (I'm sure many can and will argue that, but you won't change my opinion).

Great article, thank you for posting. I kinda got goose bumps at the end.

 

I thought the kiss from Calipari was great at the end of the UNC game, after reading this article, its even better.

 

And not trying to turn this into a debate how how great Cal is as a coach (cause this thread has already been jacked several times) but the fact that Cal is able to relate to Liggins and help him reach his full potential speaks a lot about him. Cal has a knack of changing his coaching style, even his personality with different types of players. Look at how he handles Liggins vs. Knight vs. Cousins vs. Patterson. He is a great leader of men in my eyes (I'm sure many can and will argue that, but you won't change my opinion).

:thumb::thumb:
It wouldn't be bad if he was the only one that acted like that , but every team that wins big games does it . It is not our fault Ole miss doesn't win to many Big games and you would Love Deandre if he was a Rebel .

 

You would be wrong on my Ole Miss board I've called a few of our football players out before for how they act. And our big wins are generally in football. I did go to a football school, no doubt about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.