Deandre Liggins - MUST READ

BleedBlue12

Everybody HAS to read this one... One of, if not the best, player profiles I have ever read. Personally, I didn't know Deandre had it so rough before UK. This sheds a whole new light on him, and I know of some people who have a tendency to use the word punk when talking about him who could use a different point of view.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-king_liggins_driven_by_memory_of_late_brother_040111

He just went from favorite current player, to favorite of all-time in my book. A truly inspiring story...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

Don't get me wrong it's a terrible tragedy he's had to over come, but that doesn't justify how he acts sometimes.

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

:cry: :cry: :lol:

Seriously? What he does after a game when he is excited for pulling off a big time upset has nothing to do with this article or him growing up. Kids make bad judgements at times..You are taking something minor and trying to make it major..

Don't get me wrong it's a terrible tragedy he's had to over come, but that doesn't justify how he acts sometimes.

Very nice article on Liggins.

Sour grapes anyone?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz-sNwQMQFpzNQKC9P4sCsjHjjK7QmFpOpaqaJNdMp7VzAl5eJdQ

You can call it whatever you want, but the first time someone dances in UK's face and you guys are all gripping about how childish it is, just remember you condoned it with Liggins. In life we all have hard times, that doesn't mean we've all been through anything nearly as traumatic as what he's been through, but we still have choices, he often times chooses to act like a child even though he's well over 20.

Also if you are a parent here, what would you do if you saw your child behaving and running their mouth like Liggins has post game a few times this season. Would you like seeing your own child treat an opponent in a game that way?

I am a parent, and like i stated "kids make mistakes". It' no reason to bring up something that happened three weeks ago to try to slander the kid.It's over with, hopefully he learned from it. I just didn't see a need to make that point.

Also if you are a parent here, what would you do if you saw your child behaving and running their mouth like Liggins has post game a few times this season. Would you like seeing your own child treat an opponent in a game that way?

I am a parent, and like i stated "kids make mistakes". It' no reason to bring up something that happened three weeks ago to try to slander the kid.It's over with, hopefully he learned from it. I just didn't see a need to make that point.

Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

HT, give it a break buddy. Liggins is an emotional player and it has nothing to do with him being a punk. It would've been inappropriate behavior in public or at church. He did it immediately following a hard fought, emotional basketball game.