Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deandre Liggins - MUST READ

Featured Replies

Everybody HAS to read this one... One of, if not the best, player profiles I have ever read. Personally, I didn't know Deandre had it so rough before UK. This sheds a whole new light on him, and I know of some people who have a tendency to use the word punk when talking about him who could use a different point of view.

 

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-king_liggins_driven_by_memory_of_late_brother_040111

 

He just went from favorite current player, to favorite of all-time in my book. A truly inspiring story...

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great piece.

Very nice article, I think everyone likes to see a kid overcome all of the odds to be something special.

Great read. Im proud of Liggins and the way he has opened up and expanded his game this year. He has overcome a lot.

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

 

Don't get me wrong it's a terrible tragedy he's had to over come, but that doesn't justify how he acts sometimes.

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

:cry: :cry: :lol:

Very nice article on Liggins.

 

 

Sour grapes anyone?

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz-sNwQMQFpzNQKC9P4sCsjHjjK7QmFpOpaqaJNdMp7VzAl5eJdQ

WOW, I also teared up reading this one. Thanks for sharing. JD

Seriously? What he does after a game when he is excited for pulling off a big time upset has nothing to do with this article or him growing up. Kids make bad judgements at times..You are taking something minor and trying to make it major..

 

So he had it rough and has over came a lot. That's great, but still needs to act like an adult. I admit it looks like he had a terrible child hood at times, but does that make it ok to constantly run your mouth and gloat in people's faces after a game while shaking hands? I think not.

 

Don't get me wrong it's a terrible tragedy he's had to over come, but that doesn't justify how he acts sometimes.

Very nice article on Liggins.

 

 

Sour grapes anyone?

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz-sNwQMQFpzNQKC9P4sCsjHjjK7QmFpOpaqaJNdMp7VzAl5eJdQ

 

You can call it whatever you want, but the first time someone dances in UK's face and you guys are all gripping about how childish it is, just remember you condoned it with Liggins. In life we all have hard times, that doesn't mean we've all been through anything nearly as traumatic as what he's been through, but we still have choices, he often times chooses to act like a child even though he's well over 20.

Also if you are a parent here, what would you do if you saw your child behaving and running their mouth like Liggins has post game a few times this season. Would you like seeing your own child treat an opponent in a game that way?

I have no problem with what he did after the WVU game. If you wanna mock us after you beat us expect the same if we return the favor in the next game.

I am a parent, and like i stated "kids make mistakes". It' no reason to bring up something that happened three weeks ago to try to slander the kid.It's over with, hopefully he learned from it. I just didn't see a need to make that point.

 

Also if you are a parent here, what would you do if you saw your child behaving and running their mouth like Liggins has post game a few times this season. Would you like seeing your own child treat an opponent in a game that way?
I am a parent, and like i stated "kids make mistakes". It' no reason to bring up something that happened three weeks ago to try to slander the kid.It's over with, hopefully he learned from it. I just didn't see a need to make that point.

 

Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

 

HT, give it a break buddy. Liggins is an emotional player and it has nothing to do with him being a punk. It would've been inappropriate behavior in public or at church. He did it immediately following a hard fought, emotional basketball game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.