Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deandre Liggins - MUST READ

Featured Replies

Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

 

And your behavior with respect to Matt Jones is soooo much better. You've chased the guy all over the internet because you feel he's slighted Ole Miss in some way. I'll say thats far less mature than anything you're upset with Liggins over.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And your behavior with respect to Matt Jones is soooo much better. You've chased the guy all over the internet because you feel he's slighted Ole Miss in some way. I'll say thats far less mature than anything you're upset with Liggins over.

 

I don't suppose I've chased him anywhere. I send him an email once for what that's worth. I've let it be known I don't like him here, but please do tell how I've chased him around all over the internet. This is a message board, when he comes up here I've said I have little respect for him. But if that is chasing then we have far different definitions of what chasing is.

I don't suppose I've chased him anywhere. I send him an email once for what that's worth. I've let it be known I don't like him here, but please do tell how I've chased him around all over the internet. This is a message board, when he comes up here I've said I have little respect for him. But if that is chasing then we have far different definitions of what chasing is.

 

Are you saying that the "HT721" that posted a comment on Matt Jones' CBS Article was not you?

Are you saying that the "HT721" that posted a comment on Matt Jones' CBS Article was not you?

 

Wow, ya forgot about that the other day, ok I commented on one article on CBS. Guess I'm chasing him everywhere.

Are you saying that the "HT721" that posted a comment on Matt Jones' CBS Article was not you?

 

Wow, ya forgot about that the other day, ok I commented on one article on CBS. Guess I'm chasing him everywhere.

I don't suppose I've chased him anywhere. I send him an email once for what that's worth. I've let it be known I don't like him here, but please do tell how I've chased him around all over the internet. This is a message board, when he comes up here I've said I have little respect for him. But if that is chasing then we have far different definitions of what chasing is.

 

Are you saying that the "HT721" that posted a comment on Matt Jones' CBS Article was not you?

 

^ Or commenting on his articles?

 

Wow, ya forgot about that the other day, ok I commented on one article on CBS. Guess I'm chasing him everywhere.

 

Yep.

 

And how are these quotes more mature than anything Liggins has done?

 

Just in case Matt Jones reads this too, YOU WERE WRONG!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

 

Matt Jones is so childish. It irks me how he talks about how great his info is and then how his websites belittles everyone like they do. I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously as well. He acts like a 12 year old.

 

Matt Jones probably enjoys the trash talk and poor sportsmanship.

 

One of my favorites, from a game prediction thread. Seems like you brought this up totally out of context and on your own.

If nothing else though I can demand Matt Jones talk to me tonight since he wouldn't ever respond to my emails after blatantly blasting Ole Miss a few times over the past year when there was absolutely ZERO reason tobring them in.

 

I'm really hopeful Shep Smith sues Matt Jones though, that will get me laughing for a good while if that Ambulance Chasing disgrace for a reporter gets screwed.

 

Matt Jones is a piece of work. He spouts out the mouth constantly about things he has no real clue about, he calls others names and then turns around and does the same stuff he belittles others for.
  • Author
Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

 

While I've never agreed with your assessment of Liggins, I could see where you were coming from. I just figured this article could give you, and others who share your view, a little more insight. I wasn't sure if it would change your mind about him as a person, but thought you would like the new info about him all the same.

 

I would definitely not classify Liggins as a punk for talking smack after games. That's what a lot of competitors do. If his smack talk truly hurts the feelings of the other teams, well they probably shouldn't participate in major Division 1 athletics to begin with. However, prior to reading this article, I could see him being called a punk for the way he talked back to the coaches and refused to go into a game.

 

That's no longer the case in my book. I've seen firsthand the effects a tragedy of that nature can have on a person. My best friend went through something similar. Because of it, he developed a rebellious nature and acted out at times. A lot more so than Liggins has I might add. I would never classify my friend as a punk though, because I know what kind of person he really his. This article sheds some light on what kind of person Liggins really is. It takes a lot of heart and a strong mentality to overcome what Deandre Liggins has, and thrive in spite of it. A punk couldn't do that, IMO...

Well I mean the initial thread said those of us that have called him a punk need a different view point. Well I read the article, it still doesn't justify how he behaves on the floor. Sure he's overcame a lot, but it doesn't justify acting that way. I still have the view that he is an immature punk. Could these things have attributed to it, without a doubt. Does that make it ok to behave that way? Absolutely not.

 

Your coach is a punk in public, UK has a player that plays with emotion that sometimes gets the best of him....Yep, Kennedy is a saint and Liggins is the one that's a punk. Your disdain for Liggins is really getting embarrassing my man.

Yep.

 

And how are these quotes more mature than anything Liggins has done?

 

One of my favorites, from a game prediction thread. Seems like you brought this up totally out of context and on your own.

 

Matt is that you? You seem to have a database of everything I've ever said on the guy. Either way I see no point in addressing that hear it's just thread jacking that is going to keep going and going. You want a thread on why I don't like Matt Jones then we can debate that there.

While I've never agreed with your assessment of Liggins, I could see where you were coming from. I just figured this article could give you, and others who share your view, a little more insight. I wasn't sure if it would change your mind about him as a person, but thought you would like the new info about him all the same.

 

I would definitely not classify Liggins as a punk for talking smack after games. That's what a lot of competitors do. If his smack talk truly hurts the feelings of the other teams, well they probably shouldn't participate in major Division 1 athletics to begin with. However, prior to reading this article, I could see him being called a punk for the way he talked back to the coaches and refused to go into a game.

 

That's no longer the case in my book. I've seen firsthand the effects a tragedy of that nature can have on a person. My best friend went through something similar. Because of it, he developed a rebellious nature and acted out at times. A lot more so than Liggins has I might add. I would never classify my friend as a punk though, because I know what kind of person he really his. This article sheds some light on what kind of person Liggins really is. It takes a lot of heart and a strong mentality to overcome what Deandre Liggins has, and thrive in spite of it. A punk couldn't do that, IMO...

 

That's completely fair, and I have a lot of sympathy for him for what he's been through, and I can't imagine what it causes you as a person to go through and the personal and emotional issues/baggage that come with that. It is true as well I suppose that no one knows how they would turn out from something like this until they've been there. You can't begin to imagine how it would affect you, because none of us would really know.

Your coach is a punk in public, UK has a player that plays with emotion that sometimes gets the best of him....Yep, Kennedy is a saint and Liggins is the one that's a punk. Your disdain for Liggins is really getting embarrassing my man.

 

Agreed my coach has done some very less than admirable things, I've never denied that. The only thing about my coach is I have personally seen some change in him since all that, as I've said before. But there is no defending his actions in Cinci.

While I've never agreed with your assessment of Liggins, I could see where you were coming from. I just figured this article could give you, and others who share your view, a little more insight. I wasn't sure if it would change your mind about him as a person, but thought you would like the new info about him all the same.

 

I would definitely not classify Liggins as a punk for talking smack after games. That's what a lot of competitors do. If his smack talk truly hurts the feelings of the other teams, well they probably shouldn't participate in major Division 1 athletics to begin with. However, prior to reading this article, I could see him being called a punk for the way he talked back to the coaches and refused to go into a game.

 

That's no longer the case in my book. I've seen firsthand the effects a tragedy of that nature can have on a person. My best friend went through something similar. Because of it, he developed a rebellious nature and acted out at times. A lot more so than Liggins has I might add. I would never classify my friend as a punk though, because I know what kind of person he really his. This article sheds some light on what kind of person Liggins really is. It takes a lot of heart and a strong mentality to overcome what Deandre Liggins has, and thrive in spite of it. A punk couldn't do that, IMO...

 

Nope he talked trash with an Ole Miss player in a game and the guy couldn't handle it so he went after him. He's a punk and nothing can ever change that.

The only thing about my coach is I have personally seen some change in him since all that.

 

Isn't that what probation & anger management classes are intended to do?

Isn't that what probation & anger management classes are intended to do?

 

His was church, but ya usually that's the point. Though they don't work if a person is committed to changing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.