Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

jericho

I hope they lose in every sport and they are my most hated team in all of sports.

Do Duke fans hate UK basketball they way most (should be all) UK fans do.

I don't know any UK fans that hate UK basketball. :D:D:D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, why don't you guys with no lives enlighten us?

Obscure 10 year old (or something) newspaper poll where 18% of UK fans reported Duke as UKs biggest rival. The UK haters have latched onto it as "proof" that 18% of Kentucky fans are certifiably crazy and should be mocked and looked down upon. Of course this has morphed into them calling out anyone who has a differing (pro Kentucky) view point as "the 18%."

I think Duke fans have more class than most Kentucky fans and they are no where as big as a cry baby as Kentucky fans are.

I say this after being in North Carolina for one basetball season and after meeting many Dule fans from down there.

Of course Duke fans don't complain. They have nothing to complain about. Duh....

Just to pour some fuel on the fire I was reading a Duke message board post about Biggest rivals outside of UNC and a lot of them mentioned UK just saying.

But not the majority, I bet. That team from nearby Raleigh is #2, not UK.

BTW, while I'm no fan of Duke, I've never considered them a rival of UK. Louisville, Florida, and Tennessee are who I consider rivals. If Duke beat any of them, I'd be happy.

BTW, while I'm no fan of Duke, I've never considered them a rival of UK. Louisville, Florida, and Tennessee are who I consider rivals. If Duke beat any of them, I'd be happy.

It was a pretty good number of people I was somewhat surprised. It's another message board so I don't wanna post the link to it.

I work for Duke Energy, and yes the university is named after the company, or better stated the man Duke. The overwhelming majority of Duke fans who come to the NKY/Cincy area do in fact HATE UK. They really like to start it if they see someone with UK gear on. Of course it is the same type of hate for UK as it is for Duke...I mean the program not individuals

I think Duke fans have more class than most Kentucky fans and they are no where as big as a cry baby as Kentucky fans are.

I say this after being in North Carolina for one basetball season and after meeting many Dule fans from down there.

I find it odd how most Duke fans you meet have zero connection to the university. It seems, IMO, they became fans of Duke just to be antagonists to those around them.

I find it odd how most Duke fans you meet have zero connection to the university. It seems, IMO, they became fans of Duke just to be antagonists to those around them.

Correct...most couldn't get accepted into the University.

There is only a small percent of UK fans who think Duke is our biggest rival, not close to majority.