Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

jericho

^ Sorry, I would say most don't waste as much time as those of us that are in the Commonwealth. No more, no less. They have their finger on the pulse of all the top dogs, that's about all. When Gillispie was at the helm there wasn't much to discuss.

There wasn't much to discuss in Kentucky then :lol:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope... completely one sided. I even asked SEVERAL when I went to a game in Cameron in January and they laughed at me when I asked if they hated UK. All they care about is UNC. UK is practically just another team to them.

I do but I am a Duke fan in Ky who became a Duke fan because of UK fans. After the last 48 hours....I hate UK fans even more. :D I actually had to come on here with you guys to have a sensible discussion about the game.:thumb: Facebook has been awful. :madman:

Sad part is.....UK beat Duke in the Final Four in 66 and 78. UK also erased a 17 point deficit in 1998 against Duke as well. UK also leads the overall series as well I believe. Yet, a majority of UK fans hate Duke more than any other school and UK and Duke haven't played since 2001. Blows my mind. :idunno:

And yes, go to a Duke message board and a majority are rooting for UK to beat UNC. That is where their hatred lies.

As for me...the two teams I despise....I think I'll cut my grass in the snow at 5:05 tomorrow.:D We had to move our Boyle County basketball banquet from 4 to 3 because of the game.:eyeonyou:

I do but I am a Duke fan in Ky who became a Duke fan because of UK fans. After the last 48 hours....I hate UK fans even more. :D I actually had to come on here with you guys to have a sensible discussion about the game.:thumb: Facebook has been awful. :madman:

Sad part is.....UK beat Duke in the Final Four in 66 and 78. UK also erased a 17 point deficit in 1998 against Duke as well. UK also leads the overall series as well I believe. Yet, a majority of UK fans hate Duke more than any other school and UK and Duke haven't played since 2001. Blows my mind. :idunno:

And yes, go to a Duke message board and a majority are rooting for UK to beat UNC. That is where their hatred lies.

As for me...the two teams I despise....I think I'll cut my grass in the snow at 5:05 tomorrow.:DWe had to move our Boyle County basketball banquet from 4 to 3 because of the game.:eyeonyou:

I love hearing stuff like that. I'd saying evening services will be low tomorrow for many churches throughout the commonwealth, other than those going there to pray for a victory.

Name names and show posts for proof. I think we are all collectively an objective yet loyal group. We also admit our bias when it calls for admitting as well.

Why would you waste the time to acknowledge an ignorant post? Not worth the energy.

Name names and show posts for proof. I think we are all collectively an objective yet loyal group. We also admit our bias when it calls for admitting as well.

What's funny is he doesn't know where the term 18% came from... :idunno:

Just to pour some fuel on the fire I was reading a Duke message board post about Biggest rivals outside of UNC and a lot of them mentioned UK just saying.

This thread caused me to check out a Duke message board as well. There is certainly no love lost from the Duke fan base towards Uk. One of their mods even started a thread that he would actually root for UNC due to hatered for UK. It may not be to the same level, but to suggest that they could care less simply isn't accurate.