Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

jericho

Clyde, you must live under a rock. Have you ever listened to sports talk radio in Louisville? UofL fans have some real hatred toward UK. How about Alabama and Auburn. Geez, Alabama killed Auburns trees. And do you believe for one second that UNC fans don't hate Duke every bit as much as UK fans?

No way U of L fans don't hate UK just as bad as UK fans hate Duke. Not all fans are like that of course, but many are. :thumb:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I never was mad that Pitino took the Louisville job. I do think has attitude toward UK has changed since Calipari was hired. I said in another thread that I think Pitino is going to go down in history as more of a UK villain than UK hero and that to some extent bothers me.

If Pitino cared about how he was viewed by UK fans he wouldn't have taken the U of L job. I can at least appreciate that quality in him.

No way U of L fans don't hate UK just as bad as UK fans hate Duke. Not all fans are like that of course, but many are. :thumb:

So tell me, what did Pitino at Kentucky, or how did he act that would make a 10 year old Cats fan feel negative toward him? You failed to comment on my question. What about all is former players that told him he had to take the job. What does it say about how they feel about Big Blue Nation?

I have not read every post in this thread, but I have said for years that:

1. UK fans spend way too much time thinking about Duke considering they rarely play them. I know this rivalry is not reciprocated.

2. U of L and Tennessee should get a lot more of the rivalry hatred than they do get- although U of L has been getting there over the years since Pitino arrived on campus.

So many people forget that he did get a technical for it. It was a classless thing to do. BUT, if you really want to be mad....be mad that Timberlake didn't get up and start something, maybe both would've been ejected.

So it is Timberlake's fault that he reacted with class and wasn't a punk. Nice.

Anyone here that thinks that Duke fans would not have animosity if Coach K went to coach UNC is kidding themselves. Would love to see the Steeler fan reactions if Cowher went to the Bengals, Ravens or Browns. It's a slap in the face to any program if you have a successful coach and he goes to a rival, especially when it's in the same state. Pitino knew exactly what he was doing and had zero regard for the UK faithful.

So tell me, what did Pitino at Kentucky, or how did he act that would make a 10 year old Cats fan feel negative toward him? You failed to comment on my question. What about all is former players that told him he had to take the job. What does it say about how they feel about Big Blue Nation?

The way he carried himself was enough for me at 10 years old. Maybe you weren't able to form an opinion on someone at 10 years old, but I assure you I did. Was it founded in much truth? Probably not, doesn't change how I felt about him. Now that I know more about him, I'm glad I felt that way.

What does it say about them? Well not that much really, kind of sad. But, hadn't the UK-U of L rivalry just started back during the Pitino years? It's not like the players from all over would know that much about it if they weren't form here. RP has been around the game long enough to.

I don't know what you want from me LCRW, unless you want me to just lie.:idunno:

Anyone here that thinks that Duke fans would not have animosity if Coach K went to coach UNC is kidding themselves. Would love to see the Steeler fan reactions if Cowher went to the Bengals, Ravens or Browns. It's a slap in the face to any program if you have a successful coach and he goes to a rival, especially when it's in the same state. Pitino knew exactly what he was doing and had zero regard for the UK faithful.

Non-UK fans just don't get it. It's a really unprecedented move that not too many people would make.

Non-UK fans just don't get it. It's a really unprecedented move that not too many people would make.

Absolutely correct here. It's the true litmus test of whether or not you bleed blue. If the move didn't bother you, then you don't. If it did, then you are in a very special group. The outsiders will never get it. You gotta be raised on this stuff for it to make sense.

Well, Cowher can go wherever he wants, for all I care. Bill Cowher does not definte the Steelers, and if he were to make the mistake of going to a division rival, I'll take pleasure in beating his teams regularly, because while he's a great coach, his success was as much about the front office as it was him.

I guess, however, Pitino must be bigger than UK the way some of you act about him. Hell, you can have him back for all I care. I'm tired of his act.

Absolutely correct here. It's the true litmus test of whether or not you bleed blue. If the move didn't bother you, then you don't. If it did, then you are in a very special group. The outsiders will never get it. You gotta be raised on this stuff for it to make sense.

Not an outsider, and I definitely bleed blue. It still doesn't bother me a bit.