Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

jericho

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK fans definitely hate Duke more than the other way, but UK just doesn't have the same type of rival as Duke/UNC. UK/UofL is big, but once a year. The SEC hasn't provided a perennial rival. Its been a variety of teams depending on who is good (UT, UF, Arkansas..)

Duke fans would be more concerned with UK fans if UNC didn't exist. That said, everyone other than Duke fans hates Duke. Add 1992 to the mix, and the battle over best team of the 90s, and UK fans hate them a little more. Nothing weird, stupid, sad or anything else about it. Just passionate fans.

Interestingly enough the two biggest Duke fan in this discussion both have said they hate UK.

We both live in KY. My dealings with UK fans have definitely played a part for my hate. I even attended UK. I am quite certain if I lived elsewhere I wouldn't hate UK the way I do now.

I am grateful that my dealings with UK fans on BGP have improved as much as they have over the last year. Still some work to do but I come on here for sensible discussions about UK now.

:thumb: I think we know who we can have discussions with and not on here.