Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

jericho

Love how Duke fans are always banging on the "last 20 years" drum and always bashing Cal as a cheater. Same things over and over. Gets old. All fluff, no substance. I am sure they all have a miniature Coach K statue that they bow down to every morning before they start their day. Funny. The game in Catlanta is very much anticipated.

I would like you to find one post where I've said Cal is a cheater... In numerous threads I've come to say Coach Cal is a better in game coach than most UK fans even give him credit for...UK was far from being relevant for quite a few years until Cal stepped on campus. He's got them going in the right direction. The fact that Duke is the #1 college basketball program in the last 20 years is undebatable IMO. And since that has been my lifetime, I could care less about anything else.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love painting UK fans with one broad brush.

I'd guess Ohio St football fans might be guilty as well. UK fans, as a group, are the most guilty and I'd challenge anyone to refute it.

Of course, I shouldn't have to type "this doesn't apply to EVERY UK fan."

I'm all for a good strong rivalry. I like when UK fans and UL fans have fun with each other prior to a contest.

The part I call sad though is the part that a)deals with the "hate" aspect and b)the part the deals with UK basketball success being one of the top 2 or 3 MOST IMPORTANT items in a person's life and one that DEFINES them. You probably aren't guilty of this, OR(I hope not) but sadly there are way too many who fall into this pitiful group.

I'd guess Ohio St football fans might be guilty as well. UK fans, as a group, are the most guilty and I'd challenge anyone to refute it.

Of course, I shouldn't have to type "this doesn't apply to EVERY UK fan."

I'm all for a good strong rivalry. I like when UK fans and UL fans have fun with each other prior to a contest.

The part I call sad though is the part that a)deals with the "hate" aspect and b)the part the deals with UK basketball success being one of the top 2 or 3 MOST IMPORTANT items in a person's life and one that DEFINES them. You probably aren't guilty of this, OR(I hope not) but sadly there are way too many who fall into this pitiful group.

RP hates UK. Does that put him in this category? Or is it reserved for UK fans who "hate" other programs, coaches, etc.?

I would like you to find one post where I've said Cal is a cheater... In numerous threads I've come to say Coach Cal is a better in game coach than most UK fans even give him credit for...UK was far from being relevant for quite a few years until Cal stepped on campus. He's got them going in the right direction. The fact that Duke is the #1 college basketball program in the last 20 years is undebatable IMO. And since that has been my lifetime, I could care less about anything else.

Let's be clear. Never said you called anybody a cheater. I happen to have some friends who are both UNC and DUKE fans. They are always bashing Cal and calling him a cheater among other things. Only one problem, they can never cite one example or shred of evidence. They just say he is out smarting the NCAA, I just laugh. Duke has been very good, but it's a shame that you could careless about anything outside of your personal lifetime. Do you know who Pistol Pete is? What about the Holocaust? Might want to broaden your horizons outside of your own personal lifetime. There are alot of cool things (and not so good) that happened prior to your arrival. Hope you will be pulling for the Big Blue today.

It's all about the shot heard around the BlueGrass by Latner in 92 who should have been ejected for stomping a UK player in the Chest uner the goal and our player was laying out of bounds and the replay showed it!

However, we have beat Duke more times than they've ever beat us and I especially love the 1978 win when i was 11 years old and Goose had fortY plus points before the Three point line! Go Big Blue!

At 10 years old there was something about Pitino you didn't like? OK. I would believe that Adolph Rupp is still alive before I would believe that. Him going to UofL says nothing about how he felt about Big Blue Nation. It was a job at one of the top programs in the country. He would have been stupid not to take it. What about all of his former players at UK that told him he had to take the job. What does that say about how they feel about Big Blue Nation?

I was thinking the exact same thing, and then....bam....you hit it....

I would hope no group of fans has the hair up their rear end for any other program like UK fans do with Duke. It's unhealthy and a bit sad.

I've often asked myself how bad my life will have to be before I align its quality with the win-loss record of another school's team.

There are wackos with every team. I've never met someone who literally lived and died with their sports team. Most sports fans have a team they're really interested in, but I would hope and assume that most actually have a life outside of that.

RP hates UK, it's fans, Coach Cal, UK players, cheerleaders, etc.
Not sure about the cheerleaders now....don't lump them in there. Remember, this has to do with athletics, not their actual being on this planet. I walk through life as a God fearing man, as I hope they all do as well.

It's all about the shot heard around the BlueGrass by Latner in 92 who should have been ejected for stomping a UK player in the Chest uner the goal and our player was laying out of bounds and the replay showed it!

However, we have beat Duke more times than they've ever beat us and I especially love the 1978 win when i was 11 years old and Goose had fortY plus points before the Three point line! Go Big Blue!

Nobody is debating that he did it. He got charged with a technical (right call), and then went on to win the game.