Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh pegs Sulinger: question

Featured Replies

Could Harrelson have had a foul called on him for hitting Sulinger in the chest? It was obvious that the ball was thrown in order to have the ball go out of bounds off the OSU player.

 

Is it safe to hit the players legs rather than the chest? What about the head?

 

Is the velocity of the hit a factor?

 

What's legal, and what's not?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless it's clearly intentionally thrown a player's face or family jewels, I see, under no circumstances, where while falling out of bounds and throwing the ball off of a player is a foul, regardless of how hard the ball is thrown. If it were called a foul for throwing at a head I'm assuming a flagrant or technical would be given if anything was given at all. No way you can call a personal on that type of play.

I've never seen a foul called on that kind of play before, ever.

I think anything is pretty much fair game. Someone in a game a while back drilled someone right in the face.

That was the best part of the game!

Loved that play. The group at my house laughed for a good five minutes on that one. The intent is to throw it hard. Anything too soft and he just catches it and its a turnover.

I could only see it being a Technical if the ref thought it was truly intentional to hurt someone. I thought this along with Jorts' block of Sullinger really sent a message to OSU and the rest of the UK team that he was there to get it on and take no prisoners. I thought those two plays settled UK down and they started playing more confident.

I don't think there is any doubt that Harrelson has taken over the leadership reigns of this team. YOu always here your team is as good as the SEnior leadership and I think we are seeing this coming from UK right now.

  • Author
I don't think there is any doubt that Harrelson has taken over the leadership reigns of this team. YOu always here your team is as good as the SEnior leadership and I think we are seeing this coming from UK right now.

 

Great observation. I hadn't thought about that.

It was awesome. I don't care if he plays horrible tomorrow and shoots in the wrong goal at the buzzer to give UNC a win, Harrellson moved up a bunch of spots in my book by doing that. It was hilarious, and Sullinger deserved it for yelling in his face after every dunk IMO.

Should have been a foul on Sully pushing him out of bounds, he's lucky that ball didnt nail him in the face.

Should have been a foul on Sully pushing him out of bounds, he's lucky that ball didnt nail him in the face.

 

That is what I was so mad about...they would call ticky tack fouls on the other end, but I definitely thought Harrelson was pushed. I got over it as soon as Jorts drilled him with the ball.

 

Never should that be a personal foul, as others have stated, possibly a technical if it seemed malicious, but that would pretty much be a judgement call I guess.

That is what I was so mad about...they would call ticky tack fouls on the other end, but I definitely thought Harrelson was pushed. I got over it as soon as Jorts drilled him with the ball.

 

Never should that be a personal foul, as others have stated, possibly a technical if it seemed malicious, but that would pretty much be a judgement call I guess.

 

I mentioned this in another thread, but Josh brought up the push when talking about it after the game. He also said in high school he would occasionally jump out of bounds on purpose just to hit someone with the ball after a no call. Gotta love Jorts and Liggins bringing the attitude.

It fired me up! The best part about this team is having DeAndre and now Josh saying. I don't like you, you are my adversary. Refs could call a technical if they believed it was intentional, which it may have been, but that is pretty good aim if it was.

I'll tell you one thing...

 

I give Sullinger some praise for keeping his cool after that. A lot of other players would have probably retaliated in some way.

A foul should have been called and he should have been thrown out of the game.

 

Sincerely,

 

All BGP UK Haters

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.