March 12, 201115 yr What is a flunk? Someone who plays for Tennessee. I meant fluke. This spell assist on the iPad can work against you sometimes.
March 12, 201115 yr My point would be that Lamb is going to finish that game on the floor. There aren't enough subs. He is the sixth man, a good ball handler and a good free throw shooter. So I don't see anyway Cal or any other coach removes Lamb at the point he got hurt.
March 12, 201115 yr Cal apparently joking after the game via Chris Fisher on twitter.... "Cal on Lamb's status: "Could be doubtful. We'll see how badly he wants to play. These guys have the pain threshold of a fourth grader." He also joked that Terrence Jones looked liked he got shot yesterday when he went down. He also said that if Bama had quit pressing he would have put subs in.
March 12, 201115 yr Author I say don't let anybody play tomorrow because they might get hurt. Good grief some of you guys blow my mind. Lamb got hurt on an in bounds pass. Flunk thing. Yep, that was exactly what I was saying. My point would be that Lamb is going to finish that game on the floor. There aren't enough subs. He is the sixth man, a good ball handler and a good free throw shooter. So I don't see anyway Cal or any other coach removes Lamb at the point he got hurt. Look, I get it, and I agree. Lamb would probably still have been on the floor and may still have gotten hurt, as he or any player can get hurt on any play in the game. The fact remains that he has four guys available to sub in late game situations like that one. Only one was in the game. He may have only been in because Liggins had just gone down. I don't think it is reasonable to expect that Alabama was going to close 16 points at the end even with the subs. If they closed appreciably fast, put the others back in there, and I would understand. Just very frustrating to have that happen, so I'm venting. Bottom line, wherever you fall on it, the loss of Lamb tomorrow would be damaging, and should he be down for longer, devastating. Hopefully he is OK.
March 12, 201115 yr Queen mother of stupid moves by Calipari. Up 16 with 1:10 to play & you actually think Bama's going to come back? Seriously?
March 12, 201115 yr Congrats to the Cats, haven't seen the game just got home. If we are down 16 with that much time...like I said earlier we don't hit the 3s very well. If someone says we don't belong in the dance, then they may be right. Maybe he can do some back flips if we don't make it. Hope the injuries heal in time, but this SEC tourney the Cats/Gators/Vandy don't really need it, its nice to win, but look at the big picture.
March 12, 201115 yr They practice most everyday, don't they? A player could get hurt at anytime. Get over it.
March 12, 201115 yr They practice most everyday, don't they? A player could get hurt at anytime. Get over it. Exactly, it happens. Cal has tried everything he could have tried the last third of the season to get these guys to play hard. And when they finally do, how do you expect Cal to remove his foot from the throttle. I probably would have done the same thing with this young group.
March 12, 201115 yr Cal needs to look at himself in the mirror and repeat what he yelled at Jones a few weeks back
March 12, 201115 yr If UK loses tomorrow without one or two starters, what's the big deal....as it relates to their NCAA seed? If there is any possiblity of either player aggravating his injury, by all means sit him.
March 12, 201115 yr I understand your point, but Cal has rarely put the full bench in at the end of games this season. The whole thing seemed kind of fluky; hard to place too much blame. With about 6 minutes to go I mentioned they needed to take the starters out and rest them, Hammertime agreed! 30 seconds later the announcer for CBS said the same thing! You don't have a bench because he refuses to develope a bench! He does it all the time, up by a ton (around 30 plus) Vs SC at home a couple of weeks ago and he decides to put in the last three players with about 2:20 left, but the clock never stops, call a TO, tell a player to foul, ANYTHING! They ended up getting in with about 45 second left! You do not want to risk injury when the game is at hand, at least start rotating. After the first injury he should have realized he needs to get the others out now! Seconds later he paid for it!
March 12, 201115 yr With about 6 minutes to go I mentioned they needed to take the starters out and rest them, Hammertime agreed! 30 seconds later the announcer for CBS said the same thing! You don't have a bench because he refuses to develope a bench! He does it all the time, up by a ton (around 30 plus) Vs SC at home a couple of weeks ago and he decides to put in the last three players with about 2:20 left, but the clock never stops, call a TO, tell a player to foul, ANYTHING! They ended up getting in with about 45 second left! You do not want to risk injury when the game is at hand, at least start rotating. After the first injury he should have realized he needs to get the others out now! Seconds later he paid for it! I figured he could at least start mixing in a guy or 2. He put Vargas in but it was for like 20 seconds. I can see leaving some of them in but not all of them. Mix in Hood or Vargas for even a little bit.
March 12, 201115 yr I honestly feel like Cal made a real effort to develop the bench and give some guys a chance early on in the season. When you get an opportunity, you have to perform and show the coaches you belong and can contribute. I don't think that was done by the bench guys and that's why they are sitting. No time to experiment now, gotta go with what you know is a proven commodity. Will have much better depth next year, guarantee it.
March 12, 201115 yr I figured he could at least start mixing in a guy or 2. He put Vargas in but it was for like 20 seconds.Yes, start mixing them in. Some have been saying this all year long. For those who disagree, in the pre season of the NFL (when we had an NFL) why do the starters only play a quarter or two? And a lot do not even play the last pre season game, why do teams who area already in the play offs rest some of their starters the last game as if they dont care if they win or not? There is a VERY good reason! Everyone does this, everyone but Cal. Bama was NOT going to come back! It's like Cal just wants to prove he can beat others with just 6 players.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.