Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Alabama 58

Featured Replies

You guys are ridiculous.

 

Go Cats.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official word from UK is Lamb is doubtful for tomorrow...

  • Author
You guys are ridiculous.

 

Go Cats.

 

You don't think it was a poor move and potentially very damaging?

You don't think it was a poor move and potentially very damaging?

 

I understand your point, but Cal has rarely put the full bench in at the end of games this season. The whole thing seemed kind of fluky; hard to place too much blame.

  • Author
I understand your point, but Cal has rarely put the full bench in at the end of games this season. The whole thing seemed kind of fluky; hard to place too much blame.

 

Just because something hasn't hurt you before doesn't mean it never will. It's NEVER a good idea to risk something you cannot do without when the result is already determined.

Great job on the post game show 1530. Way to botch it. Horrible. While I'm at at, let's get the Cats off of Channel 64.

I tend to agree that you should put subs in but let me play devil's advocate.

 

16 point lead and you clear the bench. The subs turn it over, Bama hits a three. 13 point lead with 1:10 to go. Do you leave the subs in?

 

13 point lead with 1:10 to go and Bama fouls one of the subs as soon as you cross half court. Sub misses front end of one and one, Bama comes down and hits another 3. It is now a 10 point game with a minute to go. Leave the subs in?

 

I guess my point is, in today's basketball big leads can get chewed up quickly. Even if Cal went to the bench, there is no way with this team you can get all 5 starters out. Lamb is a ball handler and good free throw shooter so you are leaving him on the floor no matter what. Knight and Lamb are the two guys who stay out there almost for sure. So I am not going to bang on Cal for leaving a good ball handler and free throw shooter on the floor for this short bench team.

  • Author
I tend to agree that you should put subs in but let me play devil's advocate.

 

16 point lead and you clear the bench. The subs turn it over, Bama hits a three. 13 point lead with 1:10 to go. Do you leave the subs in?

 

13 point lead with 1:10 to go and Bama fouls one of the subs as soon as you cross half court. Sub misses front end of one and one, Bama comes down and hits another 3. It is now a 10 point game with a minute to go. Leave the subs in?

 

I guess my point is, in today's basketball big leads can get chewed up quickly. Even if Cal went to the bench, there is no way with this team you can get all 5 starters out. Lamb is a ball handler and good free throw shooter so you are leaving him on the floor no matter what. Knight and Lamb are the two guys who stay out there almost for sure. So I am not going to bang on Cal for leaving a good ball handler and free throw shooter on the floor for this short bench team.

 

 

To come back from 16 points down with that much time would be borderline historic. There's reasons that games like Duke's comeback from 10 points down to Maryland with under a minute left stand out. It's because they do not happen almost ever.

To come back from 16 points down with that much time would be borderline historic. There's reasons that games like Duke's comeback from 10 points down to Maryland with under a minute left stand out. It's because they do not happen almost ever.

 

So the 5 UK should have put on the floor are Hood, Poulson, Vargas, Poole and ???

 

Which brings up another question. Can Poole be redshirted at this point? How much has he played?

I tend to agree that you should put subs in but let me play devil's advocate.

 

16 point lead and you clear the bench. The subs turn it over, Bama hits a three. 13 point lead with 1:10 to go. Do you leave the subs in?

 

13 point lead with 1:10 to go and Bama fouls one of the subs as soon as you cross half court. Sub misses front end of one and one, Bama comes down and hits another 3. It is now a 10 point game with a minute to go. Leave the subs in?

 

I guess my point is, in today's basketball big leads can get chewed up quickly. Even if Cal went to the bench, there is no way with this team you can get all 5 starters out. Lamb is a ball handler and good free throw shooter so you are leaving him on the floor no matter what. Knight and Lamb are the two guys who stay out there almost for sure. So I am not going to bang on Cal for leaving a good ball handler and free throw shooter on the floor for this short bench team.

 

When Liggins went down the game was over. If Liggins being hurt wasn't warning enough what is?

  • Author
So the 5 UK should have put on the floor are Hood, Poulson, Vargas, Poole and ???

 

Which brings up another question. Can Poole be redshirted at this point? How much has he played?

 

No, I recognize you cannot get ALL of them off. I think of the top players, Knight was the only one on the bench, correct? The four you named, I don't think any of them were on the floor. I think that's the real problem. He saw Liggins go down, and that's the warning shot. He ignored it.

I say don't let anybody play tomorrow because they might get hurt. Good grief some of you guys blow my mind. Lamb got hurt on an in bounds pass. Flunk thing.

To come back from 16 points down with that much time would be borderline historic. There's reasons that games like Duke's comeback from 10 points down to Maryland with under a minute left stand out. It's because they do not happen almost ever.

 

You're right but would there be more if Jon Hood, Vargas and company were out there? Just look again at what Hood did as soon as he was put in the lineup and answer that question honestly.

No, I recognize you cannot get ALL of them off. I think of the top players, Knight was the only one on the bench, correct? The four you named, I don't think any of them were on the floor. I think that's the real problem. He saw Liggins go down, and that's the warning shot. He ignored it.

 

Hood was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.