Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Alabama 58

Featured Replies

The elation of winning the game erased by the stupidity of the coach to leave his starters in and get them hurt.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final.

 

Great win, but scary injuries.

The elation of winning the game erased by the stupidity of the coach to leave his starters in and get them hurt.
:thumb:

Liggins looked to be OK but Lamb was still grimacing in pain.

Nice win by the Cats...Classy move by Coach Cal promoting Bama a little bit. Hope those injuries don't hurt yall too much.

  • Author

I remember a coach pointing out to me that a player can get hurt on any play. This is true, and that is an acceptable risk. It is not an acceptable risk to put someone you need at risk for injury in a situation where the game is in hand or you can't appreciably change the outcome at that point. If Lamb is not ready tomorrow, it could be the difference between a 4 and a 3 seed, which I feel is significant. If he's not ready for the NCAA Tournament, it's a death blow to their chances of making any kind of real impact. All because he couldn't be bothered to take him out with a 16 point lead and 1:16 left in the game.

I remember a coach pointing out to me that a player can get hurt on any play. This is true, and that is an acceptable risk. It is not an acceptable risk to put someone you need at risk for injury in a situation where the game is in hand or you can't appreciably change the outcome at that point. If Lamb is not ready tomorrow, it could be the difference between a 4 and a 3 seed, which I feel is significant. If he's not ready for the NCAA Tournament, it's a death blow to their chances of making any kind of real impact. All because he couldn't be bothered to take him out with a 16 point lead and 1:16 left in the game.

 

Says it all.

I remember a coach pointing out to me that a player can get hurt on any play. This is true, and that is an acceptable risk. It is not an acceptable risk to put someone you need at risk for injury in a situation where the game is in hand or you can't appreciably change the outcome at that point. If Lamb is not ready tomorrow, it could be the difference between a 4 and a 3 seed, which I feel is significant. If he's not ready for the NCAA Tournament, it's a death blow to their chances of making any kind of real impact. All because he couldn't be bothered to take him out with a 16 point lead and 1:16 left in the game.

 

More importantly he watched another player get hurt and had to sub at that point. There is no way he shouldn't have taken them all out at that point.

I should only have one emotion right now, but unfortunately I have mixed emotions. Wind right out of my NCAA sails.

I rarely criticize Cal but that shouldnt have happened at the end. Got to get those guys out of there.

Lamb said he will be playing tomorrow.

 

Right now I think Lamb is full of it. He couldnt even put weight on it going back to the lockerroom. Ive had so many ankle injuries and they can be down right nasty and very painful.

  • Author
Lamb said he will be playing tomorrow.

 

I'll believe that when I see it. Either that's him just saying that because he wants to play, or it looked WAY worse than it was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.