Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 60 Mason County 56

Featured Replies

Without knowing them personally, but having watched them and competed against them, I think these Wildcats are tough kids. No softies here, not intimidated, willing to put on the gloves and go 10 rounds in a heavyweight bout.

 

Being tough and gutsy makes up for a multitude of sins - throw in a double-dose of talent, and you've got the makings of a championship caliber ball team.

 

With that being said, I fear for them vs the college level talent they are being asked to compete with in the finals - But it was good enough to get them past Mason County in a dogfight.

Although I appreciate the nice things you are saying about GRC's team, lets not crown them just yet. Pendleton is more than capable of beating them if GRC plays less than their best. As stated before, more talent doesn't equal a win everytime. I don't think the game will be as lopsided as some think.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Pendleton County Wildcats. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tip of the hat from PC 1975.

Listened to this game on the radio, and PC almost gave this away. I think they had everything going right for them tonight. Outside shooting for Mason was an Achilles Heel.

 

Many heartfelt thanks to all of the Mason Sr's for giving this regions some exciting basketball moments. I wish them all success and happiness in the future.

 

 

Agree. Gilbert was my favorite player for Mason. Hope he lands at a good college. Look forward to keep8ing up with Setty and Pawsat.

 

Congrats to PC. Heart and guts won this game for them. Look forward to playing in you in the finals on Monday.

3/5/2011

Pendleton Co. 60 Mason Co. 56
Mason Co. 9 15 14 18 56
Pendleton Co. 16 12 16 16 60
10th Regiona at Mason Co.

Semifinals

Mason Co. (19-13) -- Gilbert 10, Harris 11, Black 9, Pawsat 12, Setty 14,

 

Pendleton Co. (15-17) -- Walsh 5, Monroe 17, Woods 6, Rering 4, Bonar 4, Antrobus 22, Valentine 2.

 

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=618205514456737&RecordID=10031&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1FnMPYedg

I have to give our fellow 38th district team a :thumb: for the win, and also a nod to the Royals for a great season.

An old saying. That's why they play the games. Way to go Wildcats. Now take care of GRC.

Alright, now that I have taken a nap and everything sunk in, I can give a much longer response. First things first, congrats again to Pendleton County on the win, they won't be given much of a chance Monday, but I'm sure that's just the way they want it. They had a response each time it seemed like the Royals would right the ship, they were physical, aggressive and didn't back down. You could tell early on the refs were going to let them play, I know that neither team was in the bonus in the 1st half. Good luck on Monday against Clark County.

 

With that said, now I can move on to a few other things. Since I got to the game really early, I went over and met Sumo Royal and talked to him a few other guys at the scorers table for about 20 minutes. I planned to go over and introduce myself as homeless camel and thank him for coming on the board and explaning the "foul-gate" from Montgomery/Pendleton game. I didn't even get the words "homeless camel" from BGP out of my mouth then he said "I know who you are, a few years ago Murph told me that the guy sitting on that side of the gym is homeless camel"

 

I was totally floored, I never met Murph, always saw him at the games, but never felt a need to go meet him. I literally got choked up knowing that he kinda knew of me even though we had never met. It was a really nice conversation, the day didn't end the way we wanted, but the beauty of this game is that next year is right around the corner.

 

I was also sitting with some people from Peebles and when Treg's mother came over, I told her congrats on Southern Illinois and so forth. We were joking about Treg going to Hawaii for a THIRD TIME. Southern Illinois is scheduled to play in Hawaii next year for a Christmas tournament.

 

I always saw Kim at the games since I watched Trevor play his junior and senior year, but never really had any reason to bother her.

 

Last, but not least, we all need to remember this Mason County team had to overcome a huge deficit late in that playoff game against Elliott, had to come back from a double digit deficit against Clark County in the title game 2 years ago and last year trailed for most of the game before coming back to win. You can't always win and goodness knows the Royals were due to lose one of these eventually. They are still the only team in the 10th region to win THREE straight titles in the last 60 plus years, Mason County has now done that three times.

 

Good luck again to Pendleton on Monday, would be nice to see those kids bring home a 4th region title for the school.

Don't know his name, but he called the Scott/Augusta game & then this one. Dark-haired guy with a slight balding spot up top. As an official, I think the 9th could do better. Pouncey, on the other hand, is an excellent official.

 

And a better coach.

We pundits can look past games and speculate what happens when but when players do that, this is the result. MC didn't seem to take the game very seriously until mid 4th quarter. Congratulations to PC, they did what they had to do to win (play hard and smart for 32 minutes).

Congrats to Pendleton in a huge win. Played an outstanding game and truly wanted it more than Mason did. If the royals would have done a little more playing basketball instead of complaining with the officials after every call the outcome may have been different. Taking nothing away from the Wildcats, they played the game they needed to to win. Congrats to coach Sims and PC. Oh, and on a side note really didn't like the class showed by the MC cheerleaders when Walsch was trying to take the ball out of bounds. Could have been giving a T, asked Louisville!

I'm not taking anything away from Pendleton, they deserved to win tonight. But can anyone honestly say that Pendleton had better players on the court than Mason? I will agree they played harder, ran their offense, and was well coached.

 

They had better players and a better team tonight.

I feel Mason lost this game in the first four minutes of the game. Mason needed to come out and show Pendleton that they were defending champs and they going to show that early. Mason came out excited, got some steals, played defense but could only score 2 points. Then Monroe hit a 3 pointer for a 3-2 lead and game on. Antrobus had a game that he will be telling his grand kids about. He shot 8/10, 4-4 on three pointers and when he came off a screen and and banked in a three under pressure, I thought Mason was in trouble. Mason missed 17 three pointers and and 18 shots in the paint. Pendleton shot 48% for the game with 11/19 in the second half while Mason shot 34%. Mason shot 18 more shots than Pendleton and missed them all as both teams made 21 FG's. Last Gilbert, Harris and Black all had more shots than Setty and of Mason 19 three pointers Setty only shot one. Credit Pendleton's defense but blame Mason forget Setty was their leading scorer and much taller than anyone else on the floor. Congrats to Pendleton and Coach Simms who played a great game but I thought Mason could be beaten but just not the way they did.

Congrats to Pendleton in a huge win. Played an outstanding game and truly wanted it more than Mason did. If the royals would have done a little more playing basketball instead of complaining with the officials after every call the outcome may have been different. Taking nothing away from the Wildcats, they played the game they needed to to win. Congrats to coach Sims and PC. Oh, and on a side note really didn't like the class showed by the MC [/b]cheerleaders when Walsch was trying to take the ball out of bounds. Could have been giving a T, asked Louisville!

 

I thought that was pretty low myself. Plus, it was right in front of 3 or 4 administrators. Did you see them do anything about it??? No, and Mason County fans can't understand why there are many people on here that are not to fond of them. Examples of sportsmanship like this are one of the reasons. While it looks like the administration is condoning the actions leaves a bad taste in many peoples mouth. It's actions like this that take away from a well contested game from both teams.

I feel Mason lost this game in the first four minutes of the game. Mason needed to come out and show Pendleton that they were defending champs and they going to show that early. Mason came out excited, got some steals, played defense but could only score 2 points. Then Monroe hit a 3 pointer for a 3-2 lead and game on. Antrobus had a game that he will be telling his grand kids about. He shot 8/10, 4-4 on three pointers and when he came off a screen and and banked in a three under pressure, I thought Mason was in trouble. Mason missed 17 three pointers and and 18 shots in the paint. Pendleton shot 48% for the game with 11/19 in the second half while Mason shot 34%. Mason shot 18 more shots than Pendleton and missed them all as both teams made 21 FG's. Last Gilbert, Harris and Black all had more shots than Setty and of Mason 19 three pointers Setty only shot one. Credit Pendleton's defense but blame Mason forget Setty was their leading scorer and much taller than anyone else on the floor. Congrats to Pendleton and Coach Simms who played a great game but I thought Mason could be beaten but just not the way they did.

 

Most of the night Gilbert and Black had good shots, they just couldn't connect. Walsh did an EXCELLENT job on Setty last night. Almost all of his points came off tough put backs in the lane or FT's. Almost every one of his shots were contested. Simply put it like this, when PC needed a stop, they got it. Mason Co. had the ball in the wrong players hands at the wrong times.

Great game by Pendleton, it was a joy to watch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.