Pendleton County 60 Mason County 56

I thought that was pretty low myself. Plus, it was right in front of 3 or 4 administrators. Did you see them do anything about it??? No, and Mason County fans can't understand why there are many people on here that are not to fond of them. Examples of sportsmanship like this are one of the reasons. While it looks like the administration is condoning the actions leaves a bad taste in many peoples mouth. It's actions like this that take away from a well contested game from both teams.

Can you explain what happened for those of us not at that game?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was similar to the Princeton game Mason had early in the season. Then entire first half of Princeton, they took Setty out of the game. Mason had 4 players on the 3 point line trying to force the ball to him. They were down somewhere around 20 at halftime. The second half, Gilbert and Black started scoring and the lead was cut to 4 in the fourth quarter. Coach Ohearn was quoted in the paper that we went away from the game plan in the second half and that cost us from being able to win the game. I thought it was obvious that the "game plan" was the reason they were down 20 at half. I have said many times this year that you cant win when offense has only one player involved. That player was taken out of the game by the Pendleton defense, and the other four on the floor was suppose to make miracles happen. Who does the blame for this suppose to go to? Surely not the players on any post game show or newspaper.

Can you explain what happened for those of us not at that game?

Walsh for PC was taking the ball out in the end zone where the cheerleaders were. The Mason cheerleaders all crowded around him with their pom poms shaking in his face. One of them was to his side right in his face. At the time Mason was pressing and the ref didn't say anything to them. They were right against him, if he had moved he would have bumped them. In Masons defense Mr Hester came and talked the them after the fact and they didn't do it anymore.

Walsh for PC was taking the ball out in the end zone where the cheerleaders were. The Mason cheerleaders all crowded around him with their pom poms shaking in his face. One of them was to his side right in his face. At the time Mason was pressing and the ref didn't say anything to them. They were right against him, if he had moved he would have bumped them. In Masons defense Mr Hester came and talked the them after the fact and they didn't do it anymore.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't this right at the end of the game?

Thanks for the info. Wasn't this right at the end of the game?

It was in the last quarter when Mason was making their run. I can't believe the ref didn't make them back up. I have watched a lot of basketball over the years and have never saw anything like that.

Come on now talking about the cheerleaders? If it was that big of a deal the ref would have made them back up. If you want to talk like this, let's also talk about the Pend Co fans with cowbells. These noise makers are not aloud either. These things don't matter bottom line is Pend Co won. They were the better team that night. I will be cheering for Coach Simms and Pend Co.

Come on now talking about the cheerleaders? If it was that big of a deal the ref would have made them back up. If you want to talk like this, let's also talk about the Pend Co fans with cowbells. These noise makers are not aloud either. These things don't matter bottom line is Pend Co won. They were the better team that night. I will be cheering for Coach Simms and Pend Co.

So you think there was nothing wrong with what they did? The PC guy trying to find someone to throw the ball to and the cheerleaders right in his face. Typical MC. About like the student section hanging over the players on the home team bench. At least PC decided not to go that route.

So you think there was nothing wrong with what they did? The PC guy trying to find someone to throw the ball to and the cheerleaders right in his face. Typical MC. About like the student section hanging over the players on the home team bench. At least PC decided not to go that route.

:lol::rolleyes:

Why didn't you answer my question? Did you think it was a great thing for them to do? Had Mason been ahead 20 pts as most of you all predicted, I don't imagine they would have even thought about doing that.

Mason Co lost. Pend Co won the game bottom line. Coach Simms did a heck of a coaching job.

Mason Co lost. Pend Co won the game bottom line. Coach Simms did a heck of a coaching job.

Just can't bring yourself to say it can you? It was bad sportsmanship to do that plain and simple. And yes PC did win the game but that doesn't change the fact of what happened.

Just can't bring yourself to say it can you? It was bad sportsmanship to do that plain and simple. And yes PC did win the game but that doesn't change the fact of what happened.

I'm the furthest thing from a Mason County fan & I had no problem with it.

I didn't participate in the prediction thread, but I was surprised by this outcome. Congratulations Pendleton County! Good luck to both teams on Monday.

This is what I find interesting, and it speaks volumes about where a team is in March(when it matters):

2010-2011 Regular Season

Pendleton 59, Augusta 61

Pendleton 50, Bracken 68

Pendleton 42, Mason 67

Mason 67, Pendleton 42

Mason 66, Bracken 39

Mason 72, Augusta 45

2010-2011 Regional Tournament

Pendleton 60, Mason 56