Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 60 Mason County 56

Featured Replies

On a side note. Is it me or have I observed alot of players crying to the refs? Just seems like it is happening more in this years tournament.

 

I agree with you 100%!!! They need to just play and let the coach do the complaining. There are some cases in where I understand where players can get frustrated with calls, but you have to communicate that to the ref in a positive manner!

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who whacked him?

I think Setty and Walsh both gave as good as they got. Setty is not used to getting his way. I am sure it was hard for him to take that 9th region officials did. Not know who he was.

I agree with you 100%!!! They need to just play and let the coach do the complaining. There are some cases in where I understand where players can get frustrated with calls, but you have to communicate that to the ref in a positive manner!

 

We were always told by the coach "I coach and you play. I'll deal with the refs, you play the game". If you got into a discussion with an official about their call, you got to ride the pine.

To say Setty was getting hammered is not even close to accurate. Pendleton played great team defense on him and he was frustrated. Cant blame this loss or the "T" on the officials.

To say Setty was getting hammered is not even close to accurate. Pendleton played great team defense on him and he was frustrated. Cant blame this loss or the "T" on the officials.

 

Check my posts. Mason County did not lose the game because of that. :thumb:

Coach O'Hearn pulled no punches in his post game interview with Danny Weddle. He was clearly frustrated, didn't think he received a quality effort from his team, cited losing loose ball wars repeatedly, getting pushed out of the paint for shots, settling for 3's instead of working for better shots, etc, etc...

 

Pendleton County outshot Mason 7/12 to 2/19 from beyond the arc. Pendleton has a quality guard who can get them up and down the floor and take it to the basket, and obviously a great supporting cast who can fill it up from downtown.

 

Although Pendleton County is playing great basketball and living a charmed life (coming from 20 down to Harrison, and beating Montgomery County in OT), reality is about to set in. Clark County played like the 4th ranked team in the state that they are at 28-5 in their win over Scott. I too think that justifiably they are super confident of winning on Monday night, and might regress slightly to the team that played Harrison County on Friday, but will take care of business leavig the Wildcats the memory they will carry with them for the rest of their lives ----- The Night They Upset Mason County In the 10th Semis in the Fieldhouse !!!

Edited by Mustang

We were always told by the coach "I coach and you play. I'll deal with the refs, you play the game". If you got into a discussion with an official about their call, you got to ride the pine.

 

I agree if you are whining to the ref. But on the other hand if you talk to him in a professional manner, to watch for the shove off, or the illegal screen, like a captain of a team should do that is completely acceptable IMO.

Coach O'Hearn pulled no punches in his post game interview with Danny Weddle. He was clearly frustrated, didn't think he received a quality effort from his team, cited losing loose ball wars repeatedly, getting pushed out of the paint for shots, settling for 3's instead of working for better shots, etc, etc...

 

Pendleton County outshot Mason 7/12 to 2/19 from beyond the arc. Pendleton has a quality guard who can get them up and down the floor and take it to the basket, and obviously a great supporting cast who can fill it up from downtown.

 

Although Pendleton County is playing great basketball and living a charmed life (coming from 20 down to Harrison, and beating Montgomery County in OT), reality is about to set in. Clark County played like the 4th ranked team in the state that they are at 28-5 in their win over Scott. I too think that justifiably they are super confident of winning on Monday night, and might regress slightly to the team that played Harrison County on Friday, but will take care of business leavig the Wildcats the memory they will carry with them for the rest of their lives ----- The Night They Upset Mason County In the Fieldhouse!!!

 

And if that is what happens Monday what will be a great memory for the Wildcats will be a Nightmare for the Royals!!!

I agree if you are whining to the ref. But on the other hand if you talk to him in a professional manner, to watch for the shove off, or the illegal screen, like a captain of a team should do that is completely acceptable IMO.

 

Yes, I completely agree, and I meant to put that in my previous post as well. As long as it was professional, then you were fine, but it is hard to stay like that when something is not going your way.

Listened to this game on the radio, and PC almost gave this away. I think they had everything going right for them tonight. Outside shooting for Mason was an Achilles Heel.

 

Many heartfelt thanks to all of the Mason Sr's for giving this regions some exciting basketball moments. I wish them all success and happiness in the future.

We will disagree but like I said Pend Co took Mason Co out of their element tonight. They got the 50/50 balls and held on.

 

Agree with the highlighted 100%. Mason County got a dose of their own medicine and didn't like the taste.

Agree with the highlighted 100%. Mason County got a dose of their own medicine and didn't like the taste.

 

Agree not to many times do you see Mason Co out worked and out-hustled.

Agree not to many times do you see Mason Co out worked and out-hustled.

 

Especially this time of year.

Without knowing them personally, but having watched them and competed against them, I think these Wildcats are tough kids. No softies here, not intimidated, willing to put on the gloves and go 10 rounds in a heavyweight bout.

 

Being tough and gutsy makes up for a multitude of sins - throw in a double-dose of talent, and you've got the makings of a championship caliber ball team.

 

With that being said, I fear for them vs the college level talent they are being asked to compete with in the finals - But it was good enough to get them past Mason County in a dogfight.

A team that plays with passion, heart, and teamwork can make great things happen. PC showed that tonight, and I expect to see it on Monday night too!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.