Pendleton County 60 Mason County 56

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for Pendleton against a very tough team on their court. Nice to see Pendleton back in the Region Finals again. Grc nor Scott is a lock because Pendleton is waiting on Monday. Please give the Wildcats some respect.

I was one of the few people who bothered to pick Pendleton County in this game. I didn't give a reason, but I would have said that the Wildcats would have to have this game in the 40s if they had a shot. Guess I was wrong. Congratulations to Pendleton County!

All credit to Pendleton County on playing an inspired game. #15 played like Cool Hand Luke. Mason County couldn't buy a long-range basket, Pendleton played tough and deserved to win.:thumb:

It's been a great ride for Mason County over the past few years. Not the way the Royals and especially the seniors wanted it to end for sure, but you guys have given an old man plenty to cheer abour over the years!

Did Pendleton win this game or Mason lose it? Why would Mason wait until down 12 in 4th quarter to start pressing? Outside of #33, Pendleton did not have anyone that could handle the ball. Pendleton put 2 guys on Setty in the paint, and Mason's coaches did not have an answer. Mason's offense was a train wreck. A team you beat by 25+ in regular season, with a record of 12-14, beats you in region tournament. I agree Mason doesn't have the studs they have had in the past, but nobody will ever convince me this team should have 13 losses. It's a shame the seniors had to end their high school careers this way.

As others have said, Pendleton County seemed to have urgency from the tip to the final horn. They came out swinging, landed a couple of huge blows that really rattled Mason County. After PC takes a double-digit lead in the 4th, Mason storms back & cuts it to 3 at 57-54 with just 2 or 3 minutes left to play. At that point, I thought Mason would roll to a 5-7 point win, because Pendleton was clearly rattled. Mason even got the ball back a couple of times to cut into the lead more, or even tie the game, but the shot selection by the Royals during this time was horrendous. They had gotten back into the game by taking it to the basket and/or offensive rebounds. Rather than continue this, they settled for questionable outside shots that hadn't been falling all night long. Pendleton kept missing free throws, but Mason couldn't capitalize because of shot selection IMO.

Thought the keys to the game were two-fold: #1- Mason's shooting--both selection & execution (or lack thereof) & #2- The play of PC's Antrobus who hit big shot after big shot. Those two things stuck out in my mind the most. Also felt like Monroe ran his team very well, even though his offensive output was probably a bit less than what he averages.

I'm assuming Mason County's loss means that Darius, nor any of his teammates, will be attending Monday night's final. This makes Randy sad--so sad to the point that I'm going to grab a glass of milk and spend some down-time under the kitchen sink.

Did Pendleton win this game or Mason lose it? Why would Mason wait until down 12 in 4th quarter to start pressing? Outside of #33, Pendleton did not have anyone that could handle the ball. Pendleton put 2 guys on Setty in the paint, and Mason's coaches did not have an answer. Mason's offense was a train wreck. A team you beat by 25+ in regular season, with a record of 12-14, beats you in region tournament. I agree Mason doesn't have the studs they have had in the past, but nobody will ever convince me this team should have 13 losses. It's a shame the seniors had to end their high school careers this way.

Let's give the wildcats a little more respect. Go and check out the number of losses in overtimes and the point totals. You should find about 7 games that were lost in ot or by a combined total of less than 15 points. Congrats to the Wildcats!

Let's give the wildcats a little more respect. Go and check out the number of losses in overtimes and the point totals. You should find about 7 games that were lost in ot or by a combined total of less than 15 points. Congrats to the Wildcats!

I'm not taking anything away from Pendleton, they deserved to win tonight. But can anyone honestly say that Pendleton had better players on the court than Mason? I will agree they played harder, ran their offense, and was well coached.

Thought the keys to the game were two-fold: #1- Mason's shooting--both selection & execution (or lack thereof) & #2- The play of PC's Antrobus who hit big shot after big shot. Those two things stuck out in my mind the most. Also felt like Monroe ran his team very well, even though his offensive output was probably a bit less than what he averages.

Another key to the game I thought was Setty getting a T early in the game. Took him completely out of the game and only had 2-4 points in the 1st half. Michael Walsh did an excellent job on him in the 2nd half when they went to him looking to get a bucket. Congrats to PC, and good luck to the seniors of Mason county!!