Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 60 Mason County 56

Featured Replies

I'm not taking anything away from Pendleton, they deserved to win tonight. But can anyone honestly say that Pendleton had better players on the court than Mason? I will agree they played harder, ran their offense, and was well coached.

 

But that happens all the time--the team with the better players sometimes goes home with the loss.

 

 

Signed,

 

Kentucky vs. West Virginia, 2010 NCAA Tournament

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another key to the game I thought was Setty getting a T early in the game. Took him completely out of the game and only had 2-4 points in the 1st half. Michael Walsh did an excellent job on him in the 2nd half when they went to him looking to get a bucket. Congrats to PC, and good luck to the seniors of Mason county!!

 

As far as individual plays go, I would completely agree with that. The keys I highlighted were more about the overall game, as opposed to single plays. Setty's "T" was deserved too, IMO.

As far as individual plays go, I would completely agree with that. The keys I highlighted were more about the overall game, as opposed to single plays. Setty's "T" was deserved too, IMO.

 

Setty was getting hammered in the first half all the time, held, and pushed around. Clean that up and you don't have to give out a T.

But that happens all the time--the team with the better players sometimes goes home with the loss.

 

 

Signed,

 

Kentucky vs. West Virginia, 2010 NCAA Tournament

 

Agree see my earlier post about the game.

Another key to the game I thought was Setty getting a T early in the game. !!

 

Who whacked him?

Congratulations Pendleton County, you boys make me proud. Keep playing great basketball. I want to go to Rupp.

Who whacked him?

 

Don't know his name, but he called the Scott/Augusta game & then this one. Dark-haired guy with a slight balding spot up top. As an official, I think the 9th could do better. Pouncey, on the other hand, is an excellent official.

Way to go P.C. It would be great to see one more win and give me a team to pull for at RUPP! Stay focused on the task at hand and believe you can win!

I think the key was Pendleton County keeping their head in the game tonight. They played and let Coach Simms complain to the officials. Beloeve me I've watched Chad coach numerous times and he can complain with the best of them. :) One the other hand Pawsatt and Setty spent way to much time crying to the officials on many calls tonight. They mentally got themselves out of the came and I think that was a hughe factor in the outcome. My hats off to Pendleton County. They wanted it more and on this day they were the better team.

 

On a side note. Is it me or have I observed alot of players crying to the refs? Just seems like it is happening more in this years tournament.

Setty was getting hammered in the first half all the time, held, and pushed around. Clean that up and you don't have to give out a T.

 

He was getting hammered, but no one but the refs can make the call, so I doubt him saying anything would have any affect on the game. He just has to play and let it go. When he got the foul PC got rolling and didn't stop.

Setty was getting hammered in the first half all the time, held, and pushed around. Clean that up and you don't have to give out a T.

 

You might be right about the overly aggressive play, I don't know. What I do know is you don't communicate disapproval by clapping your hands and shouting at the official.

You might be right about the overly aggressive play, I don't know. What I do know is you don't communicate disapproval by clapping your hands and shouting at the official.

 

Oh well tough call either way. Bottom line is Pend Co wanted the game more. Congrats to the Pend Co fans.

Setty was getting hammered in the first half all the time, held, and pushed around. Clean that up and you don't have to give out a T.

 

Completely disagree. He was stayed with and not given room, but definitely not getting held, pushed around, etc. Walsh did great, played some of the best defense I have seen. I was close to the action under the goal and it was all clean. Go PC. My son played a rougher aau game last week and he is 10.

Completely disagree. He was stayed with and not given room, but definitely not getting held, pushed around, etc. Walsh did great, played some of the best defense I have seen. I was close to the action under the goal and it was all clean. Go PC. My son played a rougher aau game last week and he is 10.

 

We will disagree but like I said Pend Co took Mason Co out of their element tonight. They got the 50/50 balls and held on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.